SMC Discussion Areas
April 27, 2024, 11:15:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Compressor fan not running  (Read 3379 times)
« on: June 09, 2002, 08:57:55 pm »

Greetings ... "It's me again, Margaret"  

OK, on the Cavalier USS-8-64, everything was running fine, but it needed a good cleaning.  We removed everything EXCEPT the compressor and evaporator.  We didn't touch anything having to do with regrigeration.

We got it back together this afternoon and plugged it in. When I came back to check it in an hour, I noticed that the condenser fan was not running and the drinks inside weren't cold.

I unplugged everything and removed the condenser fan to bench test it.  The compressor was HOT, so I know it was running.  The fan passed a bench test, so the fan is good.

What next?  The compressor has a black box on the side of it with a cover on it.  I removed the cover and saw a coil with a couple of connections, which are clean and tight.  The wire runs from that box to a socket which plugs into the fan motor and also into a module on the side of the condenser.

So, what should I do next?  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Everything was working before we cleaned it up.  I may have gotten water somewhere that I shouldn't have.  I just don't know.
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2002, 10:10:53 pm »

Update ----

I didn't mention that the condenser fan did not appear to be the original fan.  It had butt-slices into the connector at the compressor and the wires were copper vs the original silver wires in the connector.

I had to remove the splices to bench test the fan.  When I put everything back together, I plugged it back in for the heck of it.

Surprise ... everything works.  It's been running for about 20 minutes and the air inside the cabinet is getting cooler.  I'll check it again before I go to bed, but it's looking like the connections were questionable and transporting from the fire department to my house may have been enough to break the connection.

We'll see.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: