SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 05:23:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: T'was the night......  (Read 5684 times)
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« on: November 09, 2017, 05:15:23 pm »

Twas the night before Chicago, and all through the house........
Not a collector was stirring, not even a Westinghouse......

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
Lincoln22
10 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 09:45:56 pm »

Love that creative spin  laugh biggrin so Chicago was a lot of fun seeing some great fellow collectors, and we all survived the frigid, like 16 degree temps this morning lol

Brian
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 09:56:13 pm »

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 04:52:23 pm »

Well we got back to Calif. last night after after visiting Chicago on the coldest day they have had all year  censored   
That being said, we had a great time.  happydrinkers
        The highlight of the weekend was finding a whole room full of SMC members in Portillo's on Thursday night, hosted by Funtronics.
The food was great as well as were all the stories we heard of machine trades and restorations. Everybody was sharing cel phone pictures.
Thanks again to Rod and Janet for reserving us the room and a surprise copy of the 2018 calendar.

Glen
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 06:10:34 pm »

The parking lot was interesting. Most 81's seemed to have been pre-sold although a nicely painted Pepsi 81 did sell for $4200.
 There were a surprising number of R/T 56's for sale at reasonable prices,2 of them were from Rod.
Jim had a great variety of Cigarette and candy machines, parts and display glasses for sale.
Joey came with a trailer full of goodies as well as did Slider Bob and others. I didn't take many pictures because my fingers were frozen.

Glen
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 08:38:16 am »

I didn't take many pictures because my fingers were frozen.
Glen is absolutely right!  I have to admit my fingers,face and toes were frozen ! ! !  I apologize for the lack of photos, but being a Florida boy, being frozen didn't allow me to think of taking pictures!

Thurs. night was a good gathering ! ! ! Awesome to see new faces and unite with old friends ! ! ! Thanks again Janet & Rod !  For everything!

I think the extreme weather kept visitors from attending...  Overall, the show had much see and buy. I personally purchased a complete original Stoner 6 select cigarette vendor that I will post a photo of upon returning home...

My six cents,

Jim

Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 08:52:18 am »

It was a great time !! There was a large crowd at Portillo's biggest i've seen in years The usual Suspects were there .It was Great to meet Glen (Moondawg ) And his painter .

Seth made it as well as Brain (Seven181) who's been awol for awhile .

And a Special Thanks again to Rod & Janet for getting the room again and supplying us with new Calendars !!!

And It was Cold Friday morning 14 degrees and snow flurry's I did take few pic's (I thought Tongue but my phone was froze )  There were others that took some pic's so as everyone get settled in im sure they'll get posted  .  I was Beat in the afternoon helping everyone load up after the show .I pretty sure I helped move 30+ machines Tongue And strained my knee so I was down Friday night except for dinner .

All in All a Great Trip !!!!!!!  I enjoy seeing everyone more then the show .That the main reason I Go to see Friends And meet New Ones !

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 10:25:22 am »

Thanks guys for the updates!
Sounds like there were a LOT of good machines to be had!

Nice to hear that members get a chance to meet, and see each other again!

What were the prices like? 

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2017, 10:28:32 am »

Been going for twenty years... wear coveralls every time... except this year... never been so cold... I think my gloves helped hold my fingers on... I will never not bring the coveralls again.

SMC members had the best stuff there!! matter of fact if it wasn't for the members here this show wouldn't have had many machines. Slider Bob and Leonard had a great booth ... Joey,
John Signguy all had great stuff and Jim had the market cornered when it came to Canteens and Stoners. I know there were other members as I seen them in the Thursday evening gathering
just didn't know names... The Friday morning hunt would have been hurting if it wasn't for this group... Fun-Tronics booth awesome as always with great quality pieces of all different brands of soda
memorabilia.

Thank You Neil for the lids..always awesome to see you and Taren .. now I just have to find a painter... cause I don't want you making cookies.
Jim thanks for bringing the Tom's vending machine legs. they are perfect.. You have a killer fabricator.
Was awesome to meet Glen (Moondawg) and James... next time pack enough West Coast Weather for all of us!
And yes - "Thank You" Janet and Rod for always taking time to reserve the room, give away calendars and make the weekend feel extra special for the group here.
I never get around soon enough to meet each member.. there were so many this time around. Great community here.. so much knowledge about this hobby in that room.
It really is the best part of the weekend.

My take on the show... I love going.. like Neil says It's like Christmas for big kids... I love seeing all the booths... This year I went to find some parts for gumball machines I've had forever...
I had a 5 year old nephew ask me for a gumball machine so I finished one up for him for his birthday and seeing his face light up and then a 20 year old niece text me later saying she wouldn't
mind having one.. got me taking inventory on what is needed to finish up the 8 I have laying around from over the years... I thought I would have no problem getting the parts at the show.
Well after 20 years I noticed for the first time a lot of dealers, old school dealers are gone...Folks I would say "Hi" to, do some small talk with, quick look through the booth to check for that
hidden treasure, then move on to the next.. Use to be three dealers that I remember that had great small candy and gum machines... seen them every year or so I thought... weren't there this year.. another was a decal guy... no show... Phoneco wasn't there... they use to have a great display of older phones. there was a radio guy that would show with killer thermoplastic radios. Wayne's clock
again wasn't there I know he has passed... his widow came I believe once or twice after he passed I guess they aren't going to continue? So finding parts to clocks is gonna get really hard
unless there is someone else.
Still some quality pieces showed up.. Signs have really gone up... $$$$...wow... I though over all Jukeboxes were down, along with pinball machines and arcade machines.. I love vintage drugstore
stuff too.. smalls.. very few apothecary/candy jars.. I don't remember seeing any this time.. small store displays... maybe just this time as the show is never the same.. just something I noticed as I
was looking/focused on something different than the usual machines and Nichol Kola stuff...was really trying to find smalls and parts for gumball machines. Did find 1 acorn globe... so bonus there.
Sorry no pics here either...

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
HowDueYouDue
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2017, 08:02:39 pm »

Wish I went. Some day

I dreamed I had a good job and I got well paid.
I blew it all at the penny arcade.

-Eric Clapton & B.B. King
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2017, 01:11:08 pm »

As many have stated, great gathering on Thursday night once again.. great to meet some members who I haven't met ,and great to hang out with guys I've known for a while too ..
Had a fun night with Seth and Brian... where else can you go and have a guy from Wisconsin hanging out with a Guy from Boston and one from Florida and all have the same interest!! pretty cool.
overall show was great... and I've always said if you have never been.. it's a must... most of us have gone for several years so it starts to all look the same.. but have brought and will continue to bring newbies to the show and their Jaws drop when the see all the stuff... so it's a must go sometime in your life!!!
if you are looking for the bizarre and strange, its there... most incredible and strange thing I saw was a vintage circus display of the "Missing Lynx" and a "Mermaid" both full size lifesize displays from old school circus... just plain weird but cool...
We went home with an empty trailer, which was the goal , so selling was good for us.
see ya all in the spring!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: