SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 04:48:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help with Select O Matic WB-60-K6-D  (Read 11013 times)
Pat T

« on: October 23, 2017, 12:27:28 am »

Does anyone know where to get a vend relay for this machine. I have a nice machine been sitting in my garage for past 8 years. I can get it to cycle by manually holding the relay. Tried cleaning contacts with fine sand paper but to no avail. Part number is Y-48830. Coinco coin mech also won't empty the nickles when you hold the payout switch.  Where is a good source for parts? Thanks for the help.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 07:35:18 pm »

Sigh.... newbies,   glare  OK... get out the spoon.  tounge

You really ought to include a picture of the part in question,  maybe someone might recognize it & let a helping hand.

Insofar as your coinco coimech also include a model number as there are a multitude of different models for all of the thousands of vending machines in the past & present.

But overall, this should be an easy fix ( both problems) , we’ll just need a little more info.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 07:37:16 pm by johnieG » Logged

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 07:55:05 pm »

If I'm not mistaken, that vend motor replacement has been difficult if not impossible to find .                                     

Glen
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 08:18:43 pm »

He mentioned the vend relay ( credit relay) actually, not the vend-motor,  unless he misspoke?

11 is louder than 10...
Pat T

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 09:30:44 pm »

Newbie that's me. Thanks for replies. I tried posting a lousy pic of my machine last night but was rejected cause it was too large. I will try again. I will eventually get pic of vend relay ( I have to disassemble again) and coin mech if necessary especially if you guys can help. The coin mech label doesn't have a model that I can see. Part of the tag is missing/worn. However, I have done some research since I last posted. Per sodajerks.com it looks like they have the vend relay for my machine, it is part #EP27A per their website. Same is true for the coin mech. They say it is part # EP21 and it looks just the same as the coin mech in my machine. (my research looks like coin mech part # S75-9800A)

Before I order anything I will again try to clean the relay. Found some electrical cleaner in aerosol can that they say can be used for cleaning relay. I would also like to disassemble the payout motor assembly to see if it is somehow jammed.

This machine was a rebuilt/reconditioned one. I inherited it but only now have time to get it working.
Thanks again.
Pat T

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2017, 04:25:56 pm »

I could not find a jam in the nickle column , the payout still does not work. Could not clean the contacts on the relay well enough to work. Somehow I did get the machine to vend one bottle - what happened I don't know. The coin mech is made by Coinco. The vend relay is made by Artisan and has RH 206 and Y-48830 written on it.
I think these 2 items are my main issues in getting this machine to work. Appreciate the help. Still can't post photos - too large, this time used my iphone camera??
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2017, 11:40:21 am »

If the coinmech is defective, then it won’t trigger the credit relay to allow a vend...

You said your coinmech wouldn’t work when you tried to operate the inventory switch to eject the nickels used for giving change, this may mean your units ( coinmech) internal 12-volt power supply is bad from either a blown fuse-link on the circut board or a bad zener diode regulator and / or its filter capacitor, this will also cause the coinmech to accept coins but not “count” them ( and therefore not giving the machine a “credit” to allow a vending cycle)

So what looks like a bad credit relay, may not be....

Check the circuit first by unplugging the coinmech and jumper  pins 1 & 3 of the female “jones” plug that the coinmech plugs into, use insulated wire & be careful because the entire vending circuit on this machine is power by line voltage (120 volts)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 11:43:18 am by johnieG » Logged

11 is louder than 10...
Pat T

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2017, 12:33:00 pm »

Thanks JohnieG. I did what you said. Results are that it looks like the vend relay energized but no bottle was vended. My guess is you just proved that my vend relay is good/ok.
Here is some more info from more messing around last night. I am able to vend bottles from each of the 6 selections if I just move that plate on the vend relay. It seems like it is only partially energized meaning that all I have to do is nudge it up a little and then it fully energizes, clicks into position, and then vends a bottle. Problem is too that it is always ready to work if I just help it (the relay) - no need to put any coin through the coin mech.
So maybe all my problem is with the coin mech? I'm ready for next assignment!       
Pat T

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2017, 03:38:17 pm »

I would gladly spend the $150 or so for a new coin mech if I could be sure that was all I needed to make this machine work. Is there a way to jumper the jones plug to test the machine? Thanks.
Pat T

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2017, 06:53:56 pm »

Well , I am getting closer. After I jumper the 1 & 3 on the jones plug , as I said it then energizes the vend relay but no vend action. However I then plug the jones back in and wa-la.... I get vend action-bottle comes down!!! So it must be my coin mech that is bad. I would guess that if I had a good coin mech everything would work ok. I think I have seen rebuilt ones for $150. Talked with Funtronics today and they do not rebuild them anymore. Any thought are appreciated guys.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: