SMC Discussion Areas
April 19, 2024, 10:24:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Excessive Condensation - Back to Square 1  (Read 3247 times)
taongisurvivor

« on: October 09, 2017, 04:31:19 pm »

Vendo 81B sitting inside air conditioned condo.  I was experiencing excessive consensate to the point to where the drip was filling up every 18-24 hours.  I replaced the main gasket, glass door gasket (one of the two - the inside one looked newish), adhesive gasket on the cabinet body, plastic door liner, and re-insulated the door.  After all that, the drip pan fills up with condensate in 24 hours.  The thermostat seems to be working as the unit cycles on and off, but I am running out of ideas and will order a new thermostat just so I can eliminate that as a reason.

Any ideas???  I am stumped.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 09:25:35 pm »

Check for misaligned doors, new gaskets can't help out-of- kilter doors, or a main door latch that wont pull in tight to seal properly,  Also check that your bottle door hinges are holding the door close & squared-up against the portal frame. If you can hear the evap’ fan running inside when you put your ear near the bottle door handle & it gets quieter when you push it in harder against the portal frame with your finger, you’ve got a loose or an out of adjustment hinge, sometimes a new gasket is “plumper” than the old original & the hinges need a tweaking.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
vendo81d
10 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 11:29:35 pm »

You should feel some pressure when you close the main door latch.  If not, you need to adjust the catch.  There are two screws holding it on and underneath the catch are some washers.  You can take some washers out to make it tighter.  Before you take the screws out, put something under the catch to keep the washers from falling down behind the breaker strips.  I use a strip of styrene plastic that I tape in place before removing the screws.  Cardboard will work too.  Also, make sure your door contacts the cabinet evenly.  I recently did a Vendo 39 and I had to play around with loosening and re-tightening the liner screws to get the door to lay flat.  Another thing you can check is the bottle door.  The plexiglass should butt up to the gasket.  You can adjust to hinge screws to get this right.  If none of this helps, you may have an insulation issue.  I am assuming that you have all of your seams caulked properly.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 04:11:41 pm »

you must be in a very humid environment...
you mentioned that the door liner has all new insulation,, but did you ever check the cabinet?  if this is an original machine the insulation in there could have sagged or worse been eroded by mice .
I've seen original machines where nearly 50% of the insulation was just gone due to Mouse Urine and tunnels made all throughout the cabinet... if this were the case... could be something?

Good luck!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
WDG
5 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 08:36:38 pm »

If it's cycling off and on, the thermostat is working if the temp is correct.  Replacing it won't help your condensation.  The other replies are right on target, especially the one about the cabinet insulation.  But, if it's pretty bad you SHOULD see or feel some sweat on the outside of the cabinet.  It still could be bad, can't see why you've got so much water in a conditioned atmosphere?

WH 44SK
BA 28S
Vendo 83
VMC 340
Rock Ola 3303
Vendo 63
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: