SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 04:01:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 81B - Remove Door?  (Read 2698 times)
taongisurvivor

« on: September 01, 2017, 01:54:29 pm »

I am headed down to the coast to replace the gaskets, door insulation, and door liner on my Vendo 81B in an effort to reduce the excessive condensate being accumulated (filling up the drip pan in  1 day).  I will be there for 24 hours and have to get it all done.  How hard is it to remove the door to do the work??  It would seem that laying the door flat would make it easier, but I will be by myself.  Can one person remove the door??
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 04:01:13 pm »

Door lifts right off the hinges.  It will be heavy because you will have the coin mechanism , coin , and bottle doors on the machine.

You will also need to take some cutters, and either a few wire nuts, or insulated spade terminals male, female, 2 of each.

In order to remove the door you will have to cut the hot wire that feeds  AC 110 power to the bottle stack door light. 

It's the only wire attatched when the main door is open, bottom right.  I used a body fender stand or foldable sawhorses..
taongisurvivor

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 04:18:38 pm »

So the door is held onto the cabinet body by gravity??  Just lifting the door straight up it will release from the hinges???
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 04:34:07 pm »

No.  There are hinge pins that are inserted into the (2) main hinges on the cabinet body . The main door is lifted and slips into the pins from the main cabinet body .  

MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 04:50:03 pm »

If it's the original wires going to the light, they are probably brittle. Pick up 4 ft of black 16ga. lamp cord and replace it while you are inside the door.

If the door becomes stubborn to lift up and off, try opening it to 90 degree's and tip the machine forward and onto it.

Glen
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: