SMC Discussion Areas
April 16, 2024, 09:29:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another VENDO 6 CASE VERTICAL E-110L  (Read 4288 times)
Lancer

« on: August 17, 2017, 01:35:35 am »

Hi.....new guy here.

I just bought my 1st machine. Looks like this is the week for Vendo E-110L 6 case verticals here on the forum. I saw Felix 55's post, mine is the same machine with the same date code, 1958. I've always wanted one but I haven't really been looking for a machine, just been keeping an eye on Craigslist in case one came up for sale near me.  One showed up on CL about 30 miles from me for $500, I was able to negotiate the price down to $350. I have no idea if that was a decent price or not but it seemed fair enough to me even though it's not complete.

The machine does work & gets cold but has some surface rust on top (see pic) and the bottom frame part where the compressor mounts has a little rust flaking but seems solid. Needs a good cleaning, maybe some polishing compound to brighten up the paint. It is missing some pieces which I'm looking for advice on finding. The key & lock cylinder are missing as is the bottle opener. It came with a reproduction cap catcher. It is also missing 8 of the 10 shelves. The cord is pretty worn so I plan on replacing that.

For now I just want to find shelves and get it running. Need a place to keep my beer cold in the mancave, LOL

I would appreciate how you guys think I did and any advice on parts, maintenance or repairs to make it safe to use.  

« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 01:37:17 am by Lancer » Logged
Rick_T88
5 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 08:39:45 am »

Nice find.  I too am relatively new to this.  I bought my 1st machine last year.  fun-tronicsllc.com is the best place I've found.  They have everything or if you call them they might know where to get it.  I've bought new seals, a manual on the machine, and a few other things from them.  Rod and his wife (embarrassed I forgot her name) are great.
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 10:27:15 am »

Her name is Janet... if you need to forget a name forget Rod's.. Janet does all the work. biggrin

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 11:49:38 am »

I've been holding back but that's what I have been working on this week too! It's a self serve early model, different cap catcher and embossing.
No key for the lock, only a pushbutton. This too was missing shelves so we are using 5 instead of 10, this allows it to dispense larger bottles,
       I think Rick and Lancer both have nice originals that will buff out nice, This one had to have new paint but I must admit, restoration is a lot easier when there is no coin mech or coin door or bottle stack! happydrinkers

Glen
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 02:01:08 pm »

Lancer.. there is a product that can clean that white area.. Moondawg uses it and had mentioned a while back a few others I'm sure can
chime in as to what it is.. but it's good at getting the rust color staining out... Looks like a nice machine. Call Funtronics .. I think they sell shelves too.

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Slider-Bob
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 03:28:03 pm »

It's called Rustmort. order online. it's not cheap.  nice machine!

Restored Coke 81D
Restored Pepsi, 7up VMC 81
Restored Popperette
Restored Wayne 60
felix55

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2017, 07:34:45 pm »

I think you got a pretty good deal, I mean it is still a round top.  Mine has heavy rust on the bottom of the door, but light surface rust everywhere else.  I washed mine with Meguiars soap and using Bull Frog rust remover.  It works slow and sticks on vertical surfaces.  I'm worried about under the chrome strips.  Trying to keep as much as possible original though.  If you have the spring loaded shelves like mine, they're only available on the late E110.  Every E110L I've seen is from June of 58.  Weird huh?  I think these late white tops are kind of rare.
Lancer

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2017, 01:52:24 pm »

I've been doing a lot of reading the E110 both here & elsewhere, learned quite a bit. I should have done a little more research before buying it but I still like the machine, just wasn't as great a deal as I thought with the 8 missing shelves.

Most of you RKI type guys here, I'm sure, already know this but for any future new guys looking for info, here's a couple of things I learned by reading old posts here about the 6 Case Vertical. Two things to keep in mind if buying one. First are shelves, reproductions are expensive, $30 a piece & I'm hoping they are still available. If you are missing all ten, that will quickly add  $300 to your investment. Also, the shelves for the V110 coin operated vender & the E110 6 Case Vertical DO NOT interchange. Second thing is that the frame around the door opening & the door are both made of wood. Watch out for soft, spongy or rotted wood causing the door tha sag.

On the up side. This is one of the few 50's round top machines that will dispense 12 oz. bottles or cans.

Felix55....the 2 shelves I do have are as you described with the spring loaded follower except one of my shelves is missing the spring & follower. I'm not optimistic about finding this original type shelf.

I haven't had a lot of time to work on cleaning the machine but did spend several hours with a bottle of Goo Gone & was able to remove the large amount of adhesive residue on the front. I want to get the cord replaced so I can plug in for several day to to be thoroughly confident of it's running condition before I spend a lot of money on shelves.

Thanks to all for sharing your knowledge in all the old posts here & being so patient with the many newby questions. There is a real treasure trove of info here on this forum.
felix55

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2017, 03:40:46 pm »

Hey Lancer, I really do think these machines are under valued.  Besides the rarity factor of the white top, being able to vend about anything make them way more marketable.  A lot of people don't want to mess with a coin mech either.  I'll keep my eyes open for orig catcher and shelves for you. 
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2017, 09:30:39 pm »

These are excellent machines for both the game room and the garage. They vend multiple brands and flavors, no coins needed, and they aren't so small that they get over looked.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: