SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 08:24:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 44 coin mech question  (Read 16408 times)
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2017, 09:55:37 pm »

Picture 6:
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2017, 09:56:17 pm »

Picture 7:
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2017, 06:17:18 am »

The coins falling threw could be because there's no Product (Sold Out ) in the stacks . There should be some some kind of thing on the back of the door (Picture #6 ?) that would be pushed to trip some linkage  to allow the coin mech to accept coins (Meaning Product in machine )

Please Note I have NEVER OWEND  Oo a Vendo 44 So i'm guessing in some respect .

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2017, 10:02:42 am »

Thanks Len for chiming in.  I will check out what you are saying and see if that is causing the issue.  In conjunction with the coin mech issue it is like the crank handle is locked in the down position which I think is where it is when you deposit the coins and try to get a bottle to dispense, but it should then move back to the up position.   Here is a possibly stupid question, but does the machine have to be plugged in to have the mech work?  All the other machines I have had before were electronic mechs so I just was not sure.   Of course I ask this also because now when I plug the machine it the outlet trips immediately which it was not doing when I bought it.   
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2017, 11:04:16 am »

The only power that goes to the mech. sometimes is a heater element for cold climates.
         Len is right about being empty. You have a sold out flag, follow the leg below it. When the flag shows empty it also pushes some fingers through the rejector so the coins come back to the customer. Feel free to remove the rejector and test it setting it on a flat level surface.
        I believe the handle is stuck down because the last person to use it did not push it down far enough to complete the cycle.( It's the little gear we hear clicking several times when a crank handle is released). Remove the slug rejector and coin box, with a flashlight look for it from the bottom of the mech.
 A screwdriver will help you free it up.

Glen
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2017, 11:52:45 am »

Glen, thanks.  I will give that a try this evening hopefully.  Appreciate the help.   I will also try and see what is causing the circuit to pop every time I plug it in. 
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2017, 05:37:38 pm »

Thanks Glen !!!!!!   I have learned a lot for you guys ! Even know I've never owned a Vendo or VMC 44   

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2017, 09:25:27 pm »

Well you guys are great!!! Glen, you were right the crank handle was just jammed.  So I followed your steps and it released and went back to the up position.   Then I stocked the machine about 1/3 of the way and used two nickels and it worked perfectly (Len, it looks like you were right about it needing to be stocked).   Tom, it does appear the coin mech is working, but not with dimes, but I will look a bit harder at that later in the weekend.  The insert coins, sold out flag is too low to be seen through the window, but I will also look at that later.  The other interesting thing is when I plugged it in yesterday when the crank handle was jammed it popped the circuit every time.  Once I uncleared the jam and plugged it in it is running perfectly.....maybe just a coincidence.   One question though is I did notice a cord that comes up through the door and attaches to the coin mech with some sort of flat connection.  There is some blackening around it.  Is that a heating element? 
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2017, 09:31:16 pm »

Yes that the heating element , I cut my at the bottom of the door on the inside and caped &taped it off . This could be what was shorting out .

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2017, 09:38:22 pm »

Thanks Len, you may be right and I will cut mine also.  Oh, by the way I see you live in Hamilton.  My mother-in-law lives in Maineville so maybe next time I am up there you might be around as I heard you have some pretty neat stuff.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: