SMC Discussion Areas
April 18, 2024, 11:17:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New issue with Vendo vertical 6 trips cord GFCI  (Read 5640 times)
Arch Stanton

« on: July 12, 2017, 05:41:01 pm »

New issue with Vendo vertical 6 trips cord GFCI. Now the machine trips the cord ground fault immediately I have taken the hot lead off the thermostat to test the machine what happens is the evaporator fan kicks on lights work ect..
Then I touch the lead back to the compressor and it blows right away I have tried with the thermostat on and off but the evaporator fan( the fan in the box that should run all the time) powers up either way. So now do I have a bad thermostat or compressor is the question

Seems to me it's the compressor?? I checked for shorts all of the wiring is new along with a 3n1 starter it has been running great for a couple months. In one of my other posts I stated there was a knocking noise that turned out to be a wobbling fan

Thanks Joe
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 06:04:38 pm by Arch Stanton » Logged
Arch Stanton

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 08:02:56 am »

Looks like the thermostat just cant get why it's tripping the gfi. The compressor and fan run when plugged in direct.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 11:12:32 am »

As a test, bypass the thermostat. Remove it's wires and tie them together. Now if the GFI doesn't blow, the compressor will run forever
If it does blow, follow the T/S wire to see if it is grounding on the body.

Glen
Arch Stanton

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 06:05:49 pm »

Yeah I have done all that the compressor does run but why the thermostat makes it trip out ? I have ordered a new one. By the way the flexible housing for the thermostat is shot is there a replacement sold somewhere funtronics does not sell it. I figured on taking a single gang box and use it that way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: