SMC Discussion Areas
March 19, 2024, 02:23:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 44 stocking issue/question  (Read 7666 times)
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« on: January 17, 2018, 01:44:48 pm »

I recently acquired a Vendo 44 and am having some issues stocking it with the 8oz Diet Coke bottles.  I understand the bottle size changed from back in the fifties, but I have the shims in place on all sides, but yet I cannot get it stocked by more than a few bottles on each side before they all start leaning back.    I assume the shims are the right size as they were already installed when I got them.  I looked around on the discussion group and did not see much on this subject other than getting the shims in place.   When I look around on the web I see a few YouTube videos that seem to have the same issue and actually make reference to you not being able to prevent this even with the shims.  I was wondering if anyone else was having this issue and if so if there was some solution to it.  Pictures coming.....
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 02:05:06 pm »

Vending stack empty.  The mechanism on the right had some tape on it which I assume was to help with issue of the smaller bottles, but most of it has come off.  
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 02:06:50 pm »

A few of it stocked.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 05:52:12 pm »

The mechanism on the right had some tape on it which I assume was to help with issue of the smaller bottles, but most of it has come off.  

Make sure that tape wasn't there to fix a broken spot weld.

Glen
vendo81d
10 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 07:11:49 pm »

I think the problem is that in the newer bottles the bulge at the center is narrower than the bulge at the bottom.  As a result, the bottles tend to take a nosedive when stacked.  I have noticed that the 10 ounce Mexican Coke bottles don't work as well in my Vendo 56 for the same reason.  The older bottles had a more balanced shape.
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 07:22:43 pm »

Thanks Glen, I will check that, but I don't think it is covering a well. 

Vend81d, I think you are right.  I am just wondering if anyone has figured out a way around this.  If not I am the only one that uses it so the 6 bottles I stock it with can go a long way!!!
Slider-Bob
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 08:13:34 pm »

I just had a can conversion kit installed in my vmc44 from Funtronics for $82. Gets you away from those pricey bottles with loading issues you are experiencing. Plus cans are cheaper and you have a lot greater choice selection of beverages to choose from. Just a thought.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 08:16:27 pm by Slider-Bob » Logged

Restored Coke 81D
Restored Pepsi, 7up VMC 81
Restored Popperette
Restored Wayne 60
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2018, 08:28:46 pm »

Glen, I checked and there is no weld, just tape.

Bob, you made a good point, but I am hooked on these glass bottles.   Nothing beats and ice cold coke (or diet) in a glass bottle, but as you said it is expensive so.   
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2018, 08:43:11 pm »

Anyone else have any tips on stocking your 44 with 8oz glass bottles?    Thank in advance....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: