SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 08:00:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Removing Tub on an Ideal 55 Slider  (Read 2857 times)
Pinstripepaul

« on: June 25, 2017, 09:22:06 am »

I'm a newbie trying to completely dis assemble a slider.  Trying to remove the galvanized tank but I want make sure I don't harm the cooling system.  All rivets are now out and the tub is "loose" but seems to be attached to something underneath or on sides that I cant see.  Thanks for any advice!
Paul
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 01:19:00 pm »

The cooling lines are attached ( in a fasion) to the outer sides of the liner, they tend to come loose after a while & will
Snag on both the insulation and the outer shell as you attempt to pull the tank ( liner) free.

It may help to slid some pieces of cardboard down between the sides of the liner and the outer shell as you pull it out, also, a second pair of hands helps too.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 11:17:22 pm »

The cooling lines are attached ( in a fasion) to the outer sides of the liner, they tend to come loose after a while & will
Snag on both the insulation and the outer shell as you attempt to pull the tank ( liner) free.

It may help to slid some pieces of cardboard down between the sides of the liner and the outer shell as you pull it out, also, a second pair of hands helps too.

The cooling lines are attached to the compressor so you'll need to un bolt the deck and prepared to lift everything out unless you are experienced in refrigeration and can remove the cooling lines properly by evacuating the freon, etc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: