SMC Discussion Areas
April 16, 2024, 06:08:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 63 side panel question  (Read 4391 times)
cmaplesjr

« on: June 24, 2017, 08:06:20 pm »

I just purchased a 1970 Vendo 63.  I am refinishing it as an early 60's model, eliminating the fake wood panel front and repainting it mostly red with the two white side panels.  Can someone please post the dimensions of the white panels on each side (where the "Have A Coke" decal goes)?  I can estimate this based on photos but would love to have more exact measurements.  help  FYI - I paid $250 for this and everything works!

Thanks
Carl
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 06:03:21 am »

Carl.
Just starting the day, so I'll get back to you later today with this info...

My six cents,

Jim

Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 02:23:45 pm »

Carl,
Sorry about the forgetfulness!

I have included two different versions: The machine with the very faded "Have a Coke" is original and has never been repainted.  The other machine with "Here's a Coke for you" appears to be original ,but I cannot verify this...  I'll try my best to explain the approx. measurements:

Machine with white painted door. This version is painted on each side and the top.
White on cabinet door measures 15 1/4" down from top edge
White on cabinet measures 15 3/8" down from top edge, 18 1/2" back from front edge on top, the lower side is 17 1/4" measured from the front edge.

Machine with "Here's a Coke for you" is painted on each side only.
White measures down 10 1/2" from top edge
White begins 1 1/8" from front edge along the top and 2 1/2" from front edge at the bottom of the white area. Appears to have a 1/2" radius at the lower corner on each side.

I do not have any re-painting reference material from Vendo to confirm what has been posted or even what other paint schemes utilized during this period...

Hopefully helpful

My six cents,

Jim

cmaplesjr

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 07:44:57 pm »

Very helpful Jim!  I have not seen the style that the faded "Have A Coke" decal is on.  Since I am not having this restoration judged anywhere, I will probably go with the bottom picture.  That style appears to be pretty common.

Carl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: