SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 09:59:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1974 Chicago Coin Sky Rider pinball  (Read 4023 times)
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« on: April 16, 2017, 10:03:06 am »

After I finished the Seeburg 200C-1, I decided to clear up some projects that I had laying around.  My son Todd is in school and he is in a fraternity.  They had a pinball machine that they were going to throw out so they asked me if I wanted it.  The playfield has a lot of paint loss so it really wouldn't be something to fix and flip.  I don't really want the parts, but I didn't want to see it destroyed so I took the orphan home. There was a lot of broken wires, missing switches, burnt board, cooked coil, etc.  It was pretty much a parts machine.

I was able to make a few pieces from some scrap parts to get this to work.  I didn't want to put any money into it but it needed a coil and I ended up putting in $10.00 plus shipping.  I was going to junk it when I kept finding all the problems but my wife seemed to think that this game would be fun to play so I did one of those Larry Tate moves (Bewitched), I figured if she liked it, I loved it.  I got it working and it is a very fun game.  I like it better than my Chicago Coin Jukebox pinball from 1976.  Now I'm thinking about finding a playfield. biggrin

I offered it back to my son, but he doesn't think they would want it.  I'm seeing him today for Easter.  Oh by the way, Happy Easter.  Maybe he will change his mind after he plays it.  This one only took me a couple weekends to fix.  My next project is a 1938 Genco Double Track dual pinball machine.  Very rare.  That one will be a challenge.  All the wires are shot, no schematics, and the glass wasn't on this machine so I have to clean it without paint loss.  Fun times ahead.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 10:16:11 am by Larry » Logged

A lot of stuff.
Slider-Bob
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 10:16:01 am »

Very cool Larry. You did a good deed. 

Didn't see a play field on ebay, but found this schematic.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sky-Rider-1974-Chicago-Coin-Pinball-Manual-Schematic-/360126820193?hash=item53d93b2f61:g:KUkAAOSwYGFUvX~Y

Restored Coke 81D
Restored Pepsi, 7up VMC 81
Restored Popperette
Restored Wayne 60
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 10:20:26 am »

Thanks Bob,

I found one on the internet.  I was glad I did, it helped me figure out what was causing the 100 coils to stay energized and get cooked in the process.  Now if you can find me a schematic for the Double Track, that would be cool.  I don't believe any were ever sent out with earlier machines and of course the WW2 paper drive didn't help the survival rate of old schematics.  

I reloaded new pictures.  My first ones were too small to see anything.

A lot of stuff.
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 12:23:38 pm »

Great job Buddy  smile

When you coming down for a visit still after a year and a half my Williams Big Deal stands idle still as I'm an dumb a$$ with wiring.  Lol

I'm kidding Buddy !!! I know you offered to  tounge

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2017, 03:19:29 pm »

Bring it up in November when you come up to McCormick Place. Ill try to knock it out that week before the show. No charge.

jawdrop  You're not gonna find a better offer than that.  jawdrop
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 03:21:18 pm by Larry » Logged

A lot of stuff.
HowDueYouDue
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2017, 03:59:07 pm »

Looks good. Congrats

I dreamed I had a good job and I got well paid.
I blew it all at the penny arcade.

-Eric Clapton & B.B. King
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2017, 07:49:42 pm »

Great save!!
Creighton
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2017, 08:25:15 pm »

Hey Larry

Dang I'll be in Vegas this year  tounge  A huge thanks again for offering again !!

But hey maybe next year At McCormick lol

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print