SMC Discussion Areas
April 26, 2024, 05:26:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Acquisition National 7 Pull Cigarette  (Read 6251 times)
Jcarter168
5 Cent Member

« on: April 06, 2017, 11:27:41 pm »

I just picked this up because it was not too far away and I really like the look of it.  I was really not sure how I felt about having a Cigarette machine since I have kids, but I'll just tell them it's a vintage piece of art.  It seems to be missing the translucent piece that goes behind the Cigarettes script and in front of the light bulb.  If anyone could tell me what the original piece is made of, I'll probably have to find a substitute.  I also don't know how to get it to vend.  The guy I got it from said it came out of an old Barber shop in a small town in Kansas.  Has a 1972 Cigarette vending sticker on the mirror.

Vendo 81D Original x2
VMC 110 Pepsi
Vendo 63 Dr. Pepper Queen Anne (Cans)
Cavalier CS-80E
Cavalier C-55D
Cavalier CS-64ES
Cavalier CSS-64FS
Westinghouse WC-102MD x2
Selectivend 9A Dr. Pepper original
Selectivend 1A Dr. Pepper, 7up, RC
SureVend Pepsi P-47
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 01:02:38 am »

If you load it up with money and then hold the lever down that the pack would have sat on it should vend fine.

I'd try a piece of perspex in behind that script to see if it works. If not you could chop it out and get a local sign writer to make you a new piece of glass with
the same script on.

Very nice...

Dave
HowDueYouDue
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 04:12:06 am »

Cool pick up. Seen people who have these with kids, although not sure how old yours are, load it with candy cigarettes.

I dreamed I had a good job and I got well paid.
I blew it all at the penny arcade.

-Eric Clapton & B.B. King
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 06:39:33 am »

Curtis might sell a decal for the "Cigarettes" glass.  I had a friend photoshop my glass and posted the image on here for someone who did make a glass from it but I could not find the post.  Maybe someone might chime in on it.  Twas awhile ago.

As far as the kids go......they will be fine.  I have two kids who were exposed to my cigarette and cigar machines and neither of them started smoking.  They are 23 and 21 now.  I had the machine since they were tiny.  I did put gum cigarettes and candy cigarettes in the machine, chocolate cigs are a bit too large.  Then I had mylar images from the candy and gum cigarette packs made and used them as my product selections.  My kids, nephews, and niece all loved to take out the gum cigarettes and blow through them.  The powder sugar creates smoke one time.  Of course I had a lot of wasted gum cigs around, but they had fun.  None of them smoke.

Cigars come in chocolate and gum.  Yep, no cigar smokers either.

A lot of stuff.
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2017, 08:22:04 am »

I had the decal formatted a few years back.  I used 2 pieces of glass instead of one that way the decal is in between and won't fade.  

Larry the one you sent me several years ago was very close a little formatting had to be done.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 08:24:03 am by Slapshot42 » Logged
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2017, 10:52:43 am »

The mirror is not etched so you could re-make that broken window with a candy theme, then create candy product cards.
       I don't think it will vend candy, but it won't vend cigarettes either................... it just displays well.  happydrinkers

Glen
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2017, 12:43:51 pm »

The two sheets of glass method is the best way.  This way the image can't be picked on either.  I have a Northwestern dual nut machine that has a curved top glass. Some machines had wording, others were just creme colored.  I wanted the wording so I had a decal made and put it on the outside of the glass.  One of my kids friend just loved to pick at that decal.  I would catch him and tell him to stop.  After catching him a few more times, I finally booted him out  the door.

Love the color of that machine.  Maroon and Salmon pink.  Very cool colors.  Mines the same colors.

A lot of stuff.
Jcarter168
5 Cent Member

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2017, 01:07:23 pm »

Yea, I like the color scheme too.  With the maroon color, it's hard to tell if it's paint or rust, but it all looks the same from a distance anyway.   biggrin  When I bought it I kind of knew that it would be mainly a display piece but I can't help messing with it a bit.  It smells like a big cigar.  One thing, I can't get the light bulb out.  I assume it twists just like most fixtures but it won't budge.  I plugged it in and got no response so I was going to replace the starter first and troubleshoot from there.  As you may or may not be able to tell from the pictures, the previous owner tried to clean the glass from the back where the script is.  In the process he managed to wipe off part of the C and most of the i. 

Vendo 81D Original x2
VMC 110 Pepsi
Vendo 63 Dr. Pepper Queen Anne (Cans)
Cavalier CS-80E
Cavalier C-55D
Cavalier CS-64ES
Cavalier CSS-64FS
Westinghouse WC-102MD x2
Selectivend 9A Dr. Pepper original
Selectivend 1A Dr. Pepper, 7up, RC
SureVend Pepsi P-47
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2017, 03:06:18 pm »

Keep twisting you are doing it right .  If you gently flex on one side you can slip the pins out of the socket that it should come right out!
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2017, 05:58:30 pm »

There is also a switch on the back for the light if I remember correctly.
I had the mirror etched at the bottom and then pasted a piece of silver mylar behind to give the look of the original mirror.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: