SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 07:06:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vending small Aluminum Bottles in Vendo 44 with Conversion  (Read 8637 times)
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« on: March 16, 2017, 09:19:16 am »

Has anyone had any luck on installing the Shim Conversion kit on a Vendo 44 to allow it to vend the small aluminum bottles?
not sure if the thickness is the same or less than the new glass bottles, so not sure if we need to go to a thicker plexi shim plate?

would be curiuos to know any success stories or failures?

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 12:16:27 pm »

Has anyone had any luck on installing the Shim Conversion kit on a Vendo 44 to allow it to vend the small aluminum bottles?
not sure if the thickness is the same or less than the new glass bottles, so not sure if we need to go to a thicker plexi shim plate?

would be curiuos to know any success stories or failures?

Check with Shane I think he's been successful with the conversion ...
cyberphox

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 10:02:54 am »

Hate to bump an old thread, but has this been done?
I've bought the can rockers from Fun-tronics but someone said they sold the shims too??

Victor
10 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 02:13:48 pm »

I converted mine to cans and works good.
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2018, 02:47:47 pm »

I have had zero luck using the shims with the 8oz glass bottles.  They can only stack a few high and then start falling back.   I know you can get the can conversion, but I wanted to try and use the bottles.   I don't know their size compared to the aluminum bottles.  The issue is the old 6oz glass bottles had thicker glass, but I am finding the shims while they help with this a bit I still cannot stock more than a few on each side.  Here is my discussion:  http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php/topic,22078.0.html 
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2018, 12:29:13 pm »

Not sure yet.. still haven't worked on the machine yet that I need to do this with.. first thought is thicker shims?

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: