SMC Discussion Areas
April 16, 2024, 06:26:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cavalier 72 runs continuously  (Read 3401 times)
Rick_T88
5 Cent Member

« on: March 13, 2017, 02:02:09 pm »

I have a Cavalier 72 that seems to run continuously.  I can hear when the compressor kicks on/off but the interior fan runs non stop.  I do keep it outside in Houston (humid) on the covered porch.  Lately the nights dip into the 40-50's but when I let the dog out at 3am I still hear it.  Beer still at around 31 degrees.  Is this normal?  Thanks.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 03:12:14 pm »

The interior Fan in the Cooling compartment does run all the time.. .it's not suppose to shut off.. it's there to circulate the cold air otherwise it will just be cold near the bottom.

the other fan on the evaporator should come on and off with the compressor.  it's probably normal for your compressor to come on and off 2-3 times an hour..

and this can vary based on how full your machine is, what condition the insulation is in the machine and of course your door seals.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Rick_T88
5 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 08:06:51 am »

How much exterior sweating/condensation is normal if I leave it outside on the covered patio.?
ajf5577
Soda Jerks

Andy

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2017, 09:05:24 am »

How much exterior sweating/condensation is normal if I leave it outside on the covered patio.?

Are you talking about sweating on the exterior of the cabinet, or in the drip tray under the condenser?

VMC 7up 81
VMC Pepsi 33
Coke 81
Pepsi CV 78D
Vendo Milk Machine
Whistle Quikold
Whistle S&S
Cleo Cola Quikold
Stoner Gum Wheel
Looking for Picnic Coolers
Wanted- Superior Jr Orange Crush and Grapette
Starr X Openers
Rick_T88
5 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2017, 11:51:57 am »

The exterior of the machine. Mine has what I would call an excessive amount.  I started a post on this a few months ago.  I don't think door seals is the issue and I think my insulation is ok.  Just wondered what was "normal" for a warm humid climate.  I will look for a picture.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: