SMC Discussion Areas
March 29, 2024, 03:13:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo Model 312 won't accept dollars, coins or vend  (Read 3858 times)
Coke536

« on: February 12, 2017, 07:10:10 pm »

Our church has a Vendo model 312 Coke Machine (built in late 1980's) that recently stopped dispensing cans. 

I've tried every trick I can think of to get it working, and would like to know if anyone can recommend a service company in East Detroit or Grosse Pointe, Michigan (48236) area to get the 'blessed' (!) machine back in order.

As you probably know, the Devil is in the details, so here's a list of the problems:
- Won't accept dollar bills or coins.  The biller accepter status light doesn't display any lights.   A study glowing light indicates A-OK, but our light is dark.  When I open the bill drawer door, the lights flash to indicate the door is open, so I know it's getting power.

- Won't accept any coins (drop right through).

- When the machine was working, one chute used to dispense the entire chute for a dollar, like a slot machine dispensing coins.  The vending rollers just continue to spin.

The machine thankfully cools nicely and is quiet as a church mouse. help

Coke Cavalier CSS-8-64 & USS-8-64- purchased Oct 2013
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 09:21:56 pm »

Bit later machine than most machines here. See if you can find a model number on the bill mech. Maybe dirty connections to the mech or a way to clean whole thing, or just replace. Sorry can not be of more help.
Creighton 
Coke536

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 09:46:02 pm »

Was able to fix the problem by lubricating the rotor motors that dispense the cans.  Some of the motors were rusted and weren't returning to the "ready to vend" position, so the coin mech rejected all coins and currency.    biggrin

Coke Cavalier CSS-8-64 & USS-8-64- purchased Oct 2013
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: