SMC Discussion Areas
April 19, 2024, 12:27:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Buys of the week  (Read 12366 times)
Eric
Soda Jerks

« on: February 12, 2017, 02:13:43 pm »

Well.. here is my buy of the week... been a while since I've bought anything coin op
And I have wanted one of these ever since I saw one at the Chicago Coin Op show a couple years ago.
It's a 5 cent Tom's Peanut Vending machine in good shape with some obvious surface rust but nothing deep or serious.
Looking into having legs made.

The locks have "WFX" on them... no numbers... so by chance anyone who knows of keys or who may have some that
would be awesome. Would like to try and find keys for the locks before I drill them out and have to replace them.

A Big "Thank You" to Joey for getting this picked up, delivering it and well... paying for it... I hope we can work this same deal
on the next find (And believe me... I'm looking!!!!!) smile

Anyone finding anything else please add on to the post....

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Tulsa Time

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 02:19:41 pm »

Nice score of a great looking machine!

I chased a Cavalier 55 at an auction yesterday but came up empty.  It wasn't cooling and had no key and sold for $525!! upside
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 02:24:47 pm »

Great Find one of my favorite machines !

I can measure the legs on mine if that helps?  As far as the locks I drilled mine out with a 1/8" drill bit and replaced it with a $4 cabinet lock from Home Depot.

Maybe you'll find some treasures in the lower storage compartment!  I found an old Toms Peanut Plank box with tons of 1950's currency .
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 02:35:54 pm by Slapshot42 » Logged
HowDueYouDue
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 02:44:12 pm »

Awesome addition. Congrats

I dreamed I had a good job and I got well paid.
I blew it all at the penny arcade.

-Eric Clapton & B.B. King
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2017, 02:53:31 pm »

A box of money inside would be nice.... though I didn't hear anything sliding around... I'm hoping for a date stamp inside.
I talked with Jim this morning he's sent me some images of the legs and getting me dimensions.
Thanks for the offer. I'm turning into a Tom's collector... I've bought 2 cabinets and 3 jars in the past 2 years.
I'm old enough to remember getting crackers out of these at the service station when my parents were getting
work done or tires changed on the car. the machine was wider but I liked the look of this little one.

What I've done now is slide it into the dinning room corner and told my wife I'm waiting to get legs made before I take it
downstairs... Now as many of you know it'll be months (years)  before that happens.. and the plan is it will become common
to see it in there and once I do have the legs done... It won't look right not being there... I think this will work... Cool

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2017, 02:59:59 pm »

On the Tom's Vending machine, I have seen those around for years while searching for soda machines, seen a couple in person but I have never seen one with product in it. How does it vend. In looking through the glass window there are no dividers as far as vertical so I've always been curious.

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C
Seeburg 100R
Seeburg 100W
ld26
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2017, 03:23:44 pm »

nice grab Eric! cool looking machine

I love quikold coolers
www.quikold.com
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2017, 04:30:11 pm »

Well done...

Always wanted one of these. There was one on eBay in Germany a few months ago. He wouldn't ship and even considered a big road trip.. Kinda wishing I did now.
Tulsa Time

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2017, 04:37:30 pm »

I grew up in the early 60's and seem to recall this machine, but I don't think it would have been a nickel then--??  Could the mechs could be modified to accept other coins in these like pop machines??

I bought a BEAUTIFUL Cavalier CS-64C back in the late 70's that had the locked portion of the mech FULL of silver dimes.  I was still in my mid-teens so my dad financed the $50 we paid for it.  He was a coin collector so I gave him the dimes--after completely dismantling the mech to get to them, didn't know about drilling locks then--so I gave them to him and we called it even.  Sure wish I still had that one . . .
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2017, 07:20:55 pm »

Eric Your Welcome! Glad I was able to get it into your hands and into your collection. Thanks for all the hard work you have invested in my project.

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up