SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 04:40:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Request help restoring Dads Choice Vend CVC-224  (Read 9773 times)
khentige

« on: January 05, 2017, 09:40:34 am »

Hello all, I'm looking to restore a CVC-224.
It has many issues but the 1st one to overcome is parts. Picked it up from my dads house where it sat outside under a deck for years.
After a thorough cleaning and initial power up, the compressor and cooling were fine.

Next i tried checked to see if the augers would move by pushing up on the load lever underneath the slot to engage the motor relay. this is when i ran into issues. The augers started to turn and would not stop, eventually the gears on the motor shaft wore out and would not turn the worm gear that turns the auger gears. i unplugged the unit to make the motor stop. like the knucklehead i am, i tried it again on the next auger motor and it did the same exact thing.  not sure if the motor shaft gears are repairable but i would think it needs to be replaced. I was able to remove all 5 slots augersand the gear/motor assemblies without taking the cage out. They all needed a good cleaning and greasing. Found a 3rd motor that had its plastic shaft gears worn down and also needs replacing.

ISSUE #1 - Now i have 3 motors that have stripped gears. and can not find them online.

next i figured the relay box may have issue as some relay must be the reason why the auger motors never stopped. I removed the relay box and upon opening it was apparent that all relays need to be cleaned, and some need to be replaced.
ISSUE #2 - Bad Gaurdian Electric relays, again can not find them online. Would like to replace all relays or aquire a complete refurbished relay box.

Next is the Coinco mech. It powers up but it aint right so i will put that on the backburner and plan to operate it with the free play modification.
ISSUE #3 - need a good coin mech assembly. Mine is a S75-9800B

So if anyone has any info as to how to fix, or repair these parts, or where to buy 3 motors and Guardian relays, or any alternate substitute parts that can be used. please let me know. also if a refurbished relay box is available that would be great.

Can you help me locate parts? motors and relays.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Eric in CT.
email = khentigan@comcast.net
khentige

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 10:04:34 am »

Here a pic of the project
khentige

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 10:13:56 am »

And anothe pic of the motor i need. Metal gears are good but the black lastick gears on the motor shaft are worn down. The motor is actually good but cant figure how to repair the shaft gear. So probly easiest to change the motor out eith one that has good shaft gears. Need help locating 3 of these.

Thanks
Eric in CT

Khentigan@comcast.net
khentige

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 11:07:16 pm »

this is my problem with the motor. the plastic gears are stripped. I'm going to try to take off the plastic gear by removing the locking spring pin holding it to the motor shaft and print one on a 3D printer.
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 09:15:30 am »

Hello, Khentige

Looks like your on the right track  tounge

The issues is that most of us are not very Familiar with the new square top machines .But there are some and I'm sure they chime in when the view the site .

As the older machine are more mechanical ( which I'm am ) I know my limitations on electoral are screwing in a light bulb. LOL  tounge

Your machine has a LOT going on to make the sections work   

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
khentige

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 04:37:38 pm »

Finally got the auger motor shaft gear and worm gear apart. No for the hard part, manufacturing replacement gears.
Also went ahead and removed wiring harnes and all components for a complete inside paint job. Machine grey.
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 11:59:52 pm »

Welcome to the forum !!
Relay's and the wiring harness connections may respond to a good cleaning. A muti-function meter is your friend here. Not open/closed per spec. replace with whatever fits. Not a collectable machine but very cool when they work. Augers a clean may help at least can tell if worn.
The 3-D print using a nylon spool best option to create usable replacement gears. Mark the positions of everything before removable.
Any questions just ask.
Creighton

khentige

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2017, 10:26:43 am »

Thanks Creighton. I have removed the harness and cleaned all switches, connectors, and bulb sockets. even sanded the metal bulb socket mounting tabs to remove all rust.
I had found a bad relay in the relay box, and as luck would have it i found one in the stock room at my work. replaced it and relay box is up and running after a thorough cleaning and a barnishing tool to all contacts. i do have a schematic if anyone needs a copy. its for a 5 slot Choice Vend CVC-224 but i would image it could be usefull for other "like" machines. i find myself staring at it and cant help to think how cool it is thatthe sequence of events is actually very simple as its all about basic electronics and following the signal flow.
khentige

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2017, 06:30:49 pm »

Really could use auger motor assemblys
Somebody must have them. Please contact me!
Ek in CT
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2017, 10:10:18 pm »

Really could use auger motor assemblys
Somebody must have them. Please contact me!
Ek in CT

You're about three years too late, i. Had the enire batch of motors assemblies out if a CVC 168, there were no takers so they were scraped...

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
khentige

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2017, 07:10:02 am »

Say it aint so.!!!
Pixel
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2017, 05:19:45 pm »

I had a Coca-Cola CVC-224 many moons ago. I couldn't get mine too cool. The augers didn't want to work. I wanted to fix it, but it was just too big and heavy, and I was not setup where I could fix the cooling.  I took it to the scrapper, weighed in at over 520 lbs! I kept the Coca-Cola sign, the relay box, the coin return chute and bottle opener bezel. I also kept the coin mech, but it's in an mess.

I loved the idea of a punch button, and I think this one meant to vend bottles or cans. It's just too darn heavy to work on unless you have a shop, or a lot of stout friends locally. Probably need both really.

It also doesn't hurt if you or one of those friends happens to be an electrician. The relay box is something.
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: