SMC Discussion Areas
April 26, 2024, 03:12:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help Needed - Vendo Stopped Vending!  (Read 3698 times)
3badbirds
« on: January 05, 2017, 09:02:27 am »

Hi!

I purchased a 4 selection, square top, single chute Vendo soda machine about 10 years ago and it has been working flawlessly until recently.  I can’t find the model number of my machine but it appears to be very similar to the Vendo V-132-4.  I’m guessing it’s from the early 70’s – it says “served in cans” on the front and has a place to put your discarded pop-tops.  My problem is that my machine no longer vends.  It initially takes your money, and even makes change, but nothing happens when you make your selection.  From that point on any additional coins you deposit fall right thru to the coin return.  If, however, you unplug it the machine appears to reset itself and it will once again accept your coins (and make change, if needed) but  not vend (i.e., the cycle repeats).

I’m a newbie to these machines and lack any type of schematic so please be patient with me.   From what I can tell, it appears as if my machine is not completing the entire vend cycle.  I checked the Jones plug and found that I only appear to get to the point where the blocker circuit is active on pin 6.  Since I get the same result no matter what button / selection I make, does this mean the problem is not related to any of the individual internal circuits / switches / solenoids associated with the four different can selection columns?

Any feedback would be appreciated!  At this point I’m just hoping to narrow down my search for the problem component.

Thanks!
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 12:11:10 am »

Glad you found the forum, Welcome !!
Suspect just a dirty coin mech. in your case.
Easy to clean. Photos always help.
Creighton
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 02:23:39 am »

I have a similar machine (vendorlator VF-165) that seems to have the same vend mechanism just mine has 5 selections instead of 4. I'll see if I can get out into the garage and get a good picture of the schematic in my machine for you.
3badbirds
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 10:15:25 am »

Thanks for the replies!  I was getting afraid I would have to go this repair on my own!   hopefull  These machines aren't necessarily very complex but there are lots of wires and I'd hate to start messing with something that wasn't broke in the first place!

A copy of the schematics would be great!  I had a spare coinco coin mechanism that I swapped in but got the same results.  I also tried unsuccessfully to rig my machine for free vend.  Based on these results I cleared my existing coin mechanism as the culprit.  Is there something else I should try / check?

Thanks again for taking the time to help!

York!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: