SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 04:52:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Compressor/thermostat  (Read 4630 times)
Marines27

« on: November 30, 2016, 12:58:27 pm »

Greetings,

I have a Westinghouse WD12 which has been running nonstop no problem for over 20 years.  Last year I had to change the upper circulating fan.  Recently, we noticed the bottled water and other drinks were freezing and the compressor not shutting off.  I cleaned all the cooling fins and other parts of dust and checked all visible connections.  Unplugged for a day, but upon plugging the unit back in, the compressor still does not shut off.  No visible thermostat to adjust, just a bare cooper wire off the refrigerant line with a slight coil above the interior fan.  Ideas?  Thanks.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 01:05:40 pm »

If your machine's original, the thermostat should be down by the compressor in a black box with a rather plain looking knob sticking out of the top or side of it, this is your temperature adjustment, clockwise is colder( as viewed from the end of the shaft).

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 03:53:19 pm »

Marines27

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 12:20:04 pm »

Thanks.  The picture is a bit hard to see, but everything looks the same as mine expect I do not have that tall, black box behind the compressor; just the smaller unit which looks like its base.  Guess I will trace the metal wire from above the evaporator in the bottle compartment to that "control box" by the compressor.  I think there is what appears to be a set screw in the case cover.
Marines27

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 01:54:22 pm »

I left my WD12 shut down for a few days after the compressor was running non stop and freezing the contents. When I plugged it back in, the compressor does not kick on. The fan above the condenser in the soda box runs. There is no apparent thermo knob; only a hex nut on the back of the power/junction box (top removed for photo).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: