SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 02:15:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beverage Air PC21S-PS Pepsi Cooler  (Read 4418 times)
Andy Jones

« on: November 28, 2016, 12:31:04 pm »

I just got this for free... The compressor works, it cools, but the fan doesn't kick on. It's a cute little thing, measuring 22"x25". Does anyone have any info on this? What was the shelf with the power outlet for? Is it worth going balls out on, or just a K.I.S.S. (keep it simple, stupid) general once over? I haven't dug into it yet, but I'm sure I'll be needing parts....
Chedki
25 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 03:56:33 pm »

It's a Beverage Air BA-5S-VS.

http://soda-machines.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=120&Itemid=14

Royal Crown Cola Ideal 55 slider
Nichol Kola Quikold Standard
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 04:29:04 pm »

Appears to be a larger version of the model mentioned.
Since the counter top is larger, they may have added an optional convenience receptacle...
Should clean up nicely with a little effort!
Best part is FREE ! ! !

My six cents,

Jim

Andy Jones

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 05:20:55 pm »

Thanks to everyone! It's actually the same size as the one listed... Can anyone pinpoint a year? The good news... The fan motor was just gummed up - it's working nicely now! The bad news - It's riddled with rot holes in the outer cabinet. The worst being down around the "Beverage Air" badge on the front, and the left side. How far to go? Is it collectable enough to tear it down and weld patches or should I just pack it up with Bondo? I don't want to do the wrong thing. If it's worth the effort, I'd like to find the rack and ice trays. I want to use it out on my covered patio in the summer.
Andy Jones

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2016, 02:01:57 pm »

I believe my question has been answered - this is NOT going to come apart (at least not without some major effort)! Spot welds, crimped trim, mastic - I think some creativity is in order. I find it odd that the rot and holes are only on the sides about 3 -6" from the bottom, but the BOTTOM (underneath) is clean and solid! I understand the insulation can hold moisture, but.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: