SMC Discussion Areas
March 29, 2024, 03:38:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cavalier 96?? should i buy it?  (Read 20078 times)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2005, 01:22:56 pm »

I think that 72 is beyond my ability. I am not too bad at working on these machines but I think that one is a little far gone. I already might have found another 96 that is closer to me so all will work out just fine.
firemun
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2005, 01:25:32 pm »

Josh,
Thanks for the offer… you wanted it too and you saw it first...no big deal.  I have stumbled on some good deals before and I will again. No sense in me being greedy grabbing all the good ones up.  If you decide someday you no longer want it, how about giving me dibbs on it in case I have not found me one.  I have more “stuff” than I can say grace over now, one less machine will not send me over the edge.

If you do come to pick it up, let me know.  If your timing would permit you to come on the 3rd and/or 4th of  May, and if you are inclined to bring your brother in law, I will get you two in the garage at Lowe's Motor Speedway during testing for the May races and he can get some autographs to go with his sheet metal.

I will send my contact info via email.

Jeff
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2005, 02:39:13 pm »

Quote (loman4ec @ April 06 2005,11:22)
I think that 72 is beyond my ability. I am not too bad at working on these machines but I think that one is a little far gone. I already might have found another 96 that is closer to me so all will work out just fine.

Here you are wrong Josh. No difference as to ability.  After dis-assembly and sandblasting, the 96 and 72 will look identical, except for size.

Glen
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2005, 03:49:41 pm »

I don't know the corners and the louvers look pretty bad on the 72. Well Jeff is going to get the 96. I am really happy that he got it. And it looks like I am going to visit him in May to go see the speedway with my Brother-in-law. Thanks again Jeff and please post pics when you get the machine.
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2005, 04:04:46 pm »

yay! Everyone is happy. Very cool.
But honestly Josh, I don't think any soda machine is beyond your ability.
If we don't have you to look up to, who do we have?
Give yourself a little (or better yet, a lot of) credit.
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2005, 04:12:11 pm »

Thank you for the kind words Mark. I will be honest I have never messed with the round tops before and my Vendo 23's will be the oldest thing I have ever done. Also I don't usually do my own painting although this spring I am going to learn how. I have done it before but that was when I was a kid.  I am thinking about possibly buying a few round tops to sit on for 10 years or so. I figure if the value of these machines go up the way that they have been it might be a wise investment.
firemun
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2005, 05:40:38 pm »

OK, a big "THANK YOU" to Josh for letting me have the 96. An extraordinary gesture I must say…I told him on the phone I feel bad I said anything as it made it feel like I was trying to steal a kid’s lollipop.  

I am going to pick it up around 7:00 tonight.  I will post pics this weekend.

Again, thanks to Josh.  All you guys (and gals) are great!
jeff
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2005, 07:03:46 pm »

Very Cool!!
What a great place. Josh you have zero worries about restoring RT's. Piece of cake after the job you have done on the Frosty and others. Looking forward to the pics!!
Creighton
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2005, 07:19:53 pm »

It's great to see honesty and integrity between members!

My six cents,

Jim

firemun
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2005, 08:19:22 pm »

OK, I got the Cav 96.  It looks pretty solid.  It has some dings and dents, has several coats of paint and is missing 4 shelves.  No rust that I can see, wiring looks like a blind man with no thumbs, a mouse and several 5th grade science experiments were involved...which I think is going to explain why it will not run when plugged in.

Overall, pretty good shape I think.  I will take photos this weekend and post.

The guy had some nice stuff, he is mostly a car and petrolina buff.  He gave away a Glasco 55 last week to a friend helping him move to a new house.

Again, thanks Josh.

Jeff
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: