SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 04:06:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dr Pepper Branded Ideal  (Read 1470 times)
Hoot

« on: April 10, 2022, 03:08:27 pm »

Hey folks. New kid on the block here. Just joined this morning with the help of Jim.

I have had this machine for about 30 years. Started tearing it apart and doing some body work. Then started a business then started a family. Life has a way of changing priorities don’t ya  know. The coin mech has a stamp of Dec 57 so I guess that is pretty close to the age of the machine.  I am struggling to find much information about these machines.  I’m sure I am just not looking in the right places.

Can anyone tell if this is a 35 or a 55?  Dimensions are 32” wide x 18” deep x 39” tall. In the hundreds of photos I have looked at I have yet to see the same tag as what is on the upper, right front corner with red type.  Does anyone know when they went to or away from this tag?

It does appear to be an original Dr Pepper and it has the “brick” sign that I also can’t find any information on. 

A previous owner did a total hack job on the wiring harness. Are these available anywhere or does anyone have a wiring diagram they could post?  And how do yo determine if the compressor is any good?  I don’t know much about them.

I will post pics in a few posts showing everything I have. If anyone sees that I am missing something please let me know and if possible tell me where I might find it.

I need the top trim for the coin box for sure as you will see. I think otherwise the coin box is ok. I do have the bottle opener and top catch box, both in really nice condition.

Any other information about these would be very much appreciated.

Cheer!
Gary
Hoot

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2022, 03:15:43 pm »

Pics to follow as soon as I can resize them.
Hoot

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2022, 03:24:14 pm »

Pics
Hoot

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2022, 04:27:18 pm »

More pics
mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2022, 07:14:25 pm »

Definitely a 55 Slider. I have an original Dr. Pepper also sitting on my back patio with a Dr. Pepper steel sign on it. Would love to post a picture so you can see but as great as this site is I haven't been able to post pictures for years so I'm going to save myself the aggravation. Looks like you're off to a good start. I'm sure others will chime in to answer your wiring questions.

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C
Seeburg 100R
Seeburg 100W
Hoot

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2022, 07:48:33 pm »

My goose, I had trouble getting pics to upload. Turns out they were just too large in size even though there was no message to indicate that.   So I emailed them to myself and that resized them sufficiently to upload.

I would love to see yours and I’m sure pictures will be very helpful for me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: