SMC Discussion Areas
April 23, 2024, 07:43:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: dead band  (Read 2961 times)
WDG
5 Cent Member

« on: September 10, 2016, 10:48:33 am »

I don't have a new tstat to compare with the old ones I have so I'm wondering what the general population here think the proper dead band for a tstat should be? I have ordered a new tstat but I don't know if you can adjust the dead band or not.  My Beverage Air seems to be running from 20 degrees to 35 degrees but then I just have it hanging for the time being.  It might be more accurate once I reassemble the top.

WH 44SK
BA 28S
Vendo 83
VMC 340
Rock Ola 3303
Vendo 63
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 02:49:52 pm »

Its easier to think of the " dead band" as the offset/ differental point between the cut-in temperature of the   thermostat control and the cut-out point.  It varies depending on the thermostat you are using, (say air-sensing vs evap' /contact temperature types)

For the layman the " dead-band "  is the temperature range in which the compressor isnt running in this instance.

That's one take on it anyway

Some ' stats have a fixed differential, while others are adjustable, google your units part number & pull up the specifications.

Also not to be confused with " deadpool"
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 07:48:59 pm by johnieG » Logged

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
WDG
5 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 06:43:50 pm »

I picked up the term "dead band"  when I got into Instrumentation maintenance at a petro chem plant.  I have also used the term off set so I agree with everything you said.  I have a new stat coming so I'm going to see what it will do.  The beverage air that I post some pics of seems to be swing a good 10 degrees but I've never paid attention to any other machines so I don't know if that's good or bad.  I would have thought 5 degrees would be good.  My house stat is set at 3 degrees but it's easily changed by going into the setup mode and works differently than a stat for refrigeration unit.

WH 44SK
BA 28S
Vendo 83
VMC 340
Rock Ola 3303
Vendo 63
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: