SMC Discussion Areas
April 18, 2024, 10:06:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WC 44SK  (Read 4403 times)
WDG
5 Cent Member

« on: September 10, 2016, 10:36:04 am »

I had the outside done by a body man since it had a lot of rust thru on the outside and door.  The condensate drain was never kept clean so water backed up and eventually rusted thru the sides.  I'm having  trouble with the little plate that goes over the coin slot.  Only 4 of the 6 tabs remain and I can't seem to find another one or what else I can do about the plate.  Any suggestions on the plate would be GREATLY appreciated as this is a show stopper for now.  I can't put the back of the door together until I get something done with the plate.  All of the inside was done by me. Enjoy

WH 44SK
BA 28S
Vendo 83
VMC 340
Rock Ola 3303
Vendo 63
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 12:15:13 pm »

Hello, WDG

Most people are not fans of this Machine .  BUT I AM !!  tounge

Before I remount the plate I'd try and find a REALY good picture of one and have new decals made .
Chances of finding a replacement plate are slim .and there's aways in about the same shape . If you can get decals made I'd polish the plate on install decals and look for a good 3m tape and remount with the taps you have left but cut slivers of tape were there missing ,

Others then that it looks great .

These machine are common and cheap . I'm waiting for a really nice one and my buddy's are looking to . But there value is not there in resale .
I Missed a REALY REALY nice one about 2years  ago for $ 600-700 

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 12:07:48 am »

Chances of finding a replacement plate are slim....

Slim, but not impossible!
Problem with these Leonard (and I'm sure you know this) is the mech is almost always missing because it is worth more than the machine!

Some pitting, but all tabs are there.
PM or email if interested.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 12:10:06 am by collecture » Logged

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 10:09:37 am »

Tom .your the man !!

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
Jared
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2016, 08:44:43 pm »

Nice job
WDG
5 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2016, 06:22:50 pm »

Tom
I really appreciate the pics.  I've tried several times to come up with some ideas as to what put on my plate.  Now I can get a decal made here but I'm a little nervous about painted the other end.  I have polished it with a buffing wheel so If I can come up with the right paint  and now get the decal made I should be ready to put the door back together.
I really like the machine myself.  The coin mech does not work.  I sent it off and had it re zincked but I was told that some parts had been robbed so It will just be there.   Coins put in will be returned.  This started out almost a year ago and the man helping me took his time but did an excellent job.
I had an old Nehi drink machine given to me that had Royal Crown on the front.  I getting the front panel painted and am going to try to make something out of it.  I will post some pics.  I also took the inside out of it where the bottles were suspended and had it powder coated to make a wine rack.  Loaded down with glasses and wine bottles it will probably end up weighing  75 pounds.  If I can sell it whoever buys it will have to make sure not to put anchors in the ceiling drywall.  I have to pick it up tomorrow so will post a pic of it. 
My Keg tap went bad so IO striped it down.  Have the cabinet left but don't know what to do with it.  I don't have any room in my shop any more.  Looks like a land fill.  I going to take my VMC 340 and make a Keg Tap out of it.  Don't know why I bought it.

WH 44SK
BA 28S
Vendo 83
VMC 340
Rock Ola 3303
Vendo 63
WDG
5 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2016, 06:08:49 am »

Tom
I must not be doing something right.  I tried to send you a couple of messages about the 44SK plate.  Let me know how much you want for it
Thanks
Warren

WH 44SK
BA 28S
Vendo 83
VMC 340
Rock Ola 3303
Vendo 63
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: