SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 03:40:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help with Select O Matic WB-60-K6-D  (Read 11011 times)
Pat T

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2017, 11:31:30 pm »

I read further about free vend. So in addition to the jumper wire on the jones plug of 1 & 3 suggested by johnieG, I also jumpered 1 & 7.That gave me the vend. So that proved to me the coin mech is bad. I just ordered a newer S75-9800 coin mech that has nickle/dime payout which I understand is a little bit newer/better than my older one that is just nickle payout.   To be continued.........
Pat T

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2017, 03:33:40 pm »

Got the coin mech in the mail today and installed it. It works! There are just extra 2 electrical plugs (besides the jones plug) on this new coin mech that I don't know what they are for - maybe for a different machine. There is also an electrical plug attached to the machine under the selector panel that I don't know what its for either?
The only thing left is to figure what bulbs go into the signal lamp box for "correct change" and "select another drink" Manual says part # 1377175.

Hey, am I still a newbie? 
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2017, 05:02:30 pm »

The two smaller plugs on the coinmech are for a dollar bill acceptor, which you don't have anyway,
I attached a pic of the correct “S6” 6watt/120volt indicator lamp that you should use in the correct change only & select another drink indicators, the xmas light is for comparison of the shape differences  between a “C7” & a “S6” bulb, dont use those cheap LED “night light” replacement bulbs, as they’re not bright enough & don’t illuminate the indicators properly in my opinion.

Insofar as the mystery plug behind the panel, you might wish to post a picture, it may be for a light up sign option (brand marquee) your machine doesn’t have, does it have a metal or a plastic sign?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 05:04:55 pm by johnieG » Logged

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Pat T

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2017, 06:13:05 pm »

Thanks johnieG. Makes sense to me regarding the dollar bill acceptor. And I will shop for light bulbs tomorrow. I have the metal sign . Maybe a light would be to, as you say to light up the drink selections/options. There appears to be opening slots at the bottom of the drink options labels where light could enter. 
Can't figure the attachment of a picture on this website yet as it says 200kb max for picture. All my pictures are bigger. The mystery plug has 3 round openings but only uses 2 ( 2 wires) so maybe it is power for a light.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2017, 09:15:44 pm »

Yep, that’s what the extra plug is for on your machine, the light up sign option,

Home Depot, Lowes or Manards ( or most other big box stores have them, just make sure the bulbs say they’re for 120 volts, ( some modern appliances use the same style light, but they’re only 12 volts) just double check the specs on the packaging.

In fact Im finishing up a deck for a Westy’ WC-60/MD for another customer today.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 09:30:47 pm by johnieG » Logged

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Pat T

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2017, 08:46:19 am »

Yes, got the bulbs at Menard's as you said and they work! This old machine is beginning to look good. I am just waiting for a few decals that I ordered  to make it more authentic. I am going to have to move it from the garage to my basement.
By the way that is some good looking work on your customers machine, way above my pay grade. I guess I will be a newbie for a while. 
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2017, 11:58:21 am »

I am going to have to move it from the garage to my basement.
Be careful ! ! !  As you well know, this is one heavy machine ! ! !
Appears to be a nice original machine too!

My six cents,

Jim

Pat T

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2017, 10:34:37 am »

You are not kidding, it really is heavy. Lucky there were 3 of us. It looks like there might be a possibility of making this lighter the next time around. You could remove the door except for a bundle of wires that goes from the machine to the door. Couldn't you install some sort of quick connect/disconnect  similar to what you would find on your car electrical system on this group of wires? The door might be 20% of the weight of this machine?  Anything helps. 
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: