SMC Discussion Areas
April 16, 2024, 10:05:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jacobs 56 Correct Build Help  (Read 5084 times)
Zerbie
10 Cent Member

Bob

« on: June 04, 2016, 05:53:57 pm »

Hello all,
 help

I've torn into my Jacobs 56 and was wondering if any members have documentation in the way of photos as to the correct way a Jacobs 56 should be?

1). I'm starting inside the door liner and found a small piece of plywood around the bottle chute area........I thought I saw where someone had a fuller plywood template but I recall that it was bigger that what is shown here. I'd like to know if what I have is correct and could someone send me pictures of what is correct?

2). door screw bolt - is the setup I have correct?

3). door screw bolt receiver - is it correct to have two spacers in the front of the latch plate as shown in my picture?

I'll be going through the machine and already have other questions. It would be great if someone has pictures of a correct Jacobs 56 that they could share???

Thanks in advance.

Zerbie - Derbie

Jacobs 56 Restored
Vendo 81D "restorebished"
Vendo 81B - restoration in process
VMC Pepsi 81 - in line for restoration
Zerbie
10 Cent Member

Bob

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 09:00:26 pm »

Wow - all the members out there with a Jacobs 56 and not a peep? What's up? I was under the impression that there were some restorers on this sight who are able to provide fellow members with some insight?

Jacobs 56 Restored
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 08:37:29 am »

Give it some time... not everyone is on here every day... and the Jacobs is a bit more rare, and not all of us have worked on them.  I have done Several machines, but have not done one so I can't be of any assistance.. Patience my young padwan... patience! biggrin

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Zerbie
10 Cent Member

Bob

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 04:32:14 pm »

Thanks for your response and advice SignGuy....I apologize to all members if I was a bit "too forward".......patience is mine to be had.  Cool

Jacobs 56 Restored
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: