SMC Discussion Areas
April 20, 2024, 02:19:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coin mech for accepting .900 tokens?  (Read 9536 times)
gougeman

« on: June 03, 2016, 10:00:19 pm »

I'm mostly an arcade machine guy, but a few years back I inherited a Cavalier 96 and brought it back to life (with some help from these forums, actually) and have it serving beer in my game room.

I have the old original National Rejectors mechanical mech on a shelf which I mostly rebuilt, but it turned out to be missing a couple parts so I have already given up on keeping the coin mech original. I currently have a CoinCo 3341-S coin mech in it, but I'd really like for it to take the same .900 tokens that my arcade games take.

Any recommendations for a coin mech model that will either natively take these tokens or that through fancy modern technology can be trained to take them? Preferably something I can reasonably expect to find on ebay, of course.

For comparison, a quarter is about a .954, so the tokens I use are slightly smaller than a quarter.

Thanks,
Chris
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 02:20:33 am »

You may see if you can find token coin rejector that is the same size as the CoinCo mechanism you currently have installed.

I have not a seen in the years a high demand for alternative coin use.  Hopefully someone else smarter than me chimes in and we can get it figured out.

johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 06:53:43 am »

Mars coinmechs are programmable to accept tokens.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
gougeman

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 10:31:49 am »

Thanks.

Like the Mars 6800? Or the 5800 series?  A search found some rumblings about the 6800 series being able to learn about "approximately-quarter-sized" tokens, so that is looking promising.
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2016, 02:27:47 pm »

I have modified rejectors to accept tokens. If the quarter cradle on your slug rejector is metal, you may be able to bend the prongs in a bit to hold the token.

What parts are you missing on the NRI mech? I may have them.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
gougeman

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2016, 08:00:20 pm »

Hmm., I'll look into that bending idea.

I'll have to dig out the old electro-mechanical NRI unit and check what's missing and its condition again - its been a while since I've looked at it.

I know the jackpot lever has a broken-off nub where it rides on the cam so it doesn't travel up and down to engage the switches as the cam goes around.  Its also missing the 10-25 CREM, which is probably OK because it is also missing the armature that attaches to that CREM.  laugh Other than that it might be ok and if I modify it to accept tokens by bending the thingy, maybe neither of those issues actually matter.

dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2016, 08:59:04 am »

I use .984 tokens in my gameroom. I have a Coinco  9300 series changer in my Cavalier and I had it relearn a quarter (token). If you do this you will need to use tokens from the same manufacturer. I originally had a mix of tokens, but they all had subtle differences in weight and thickness. The Coinco needs every token to be exactly the same. I was able to secure a large lot of tokens from an arcade the shut down so now everything works great.

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: