SMC Discussion Areas
April 25, 2024, 11:09:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Server Not Responding  (Read 21955 times)
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« on: May 30, 2016, 08:52:28 pm »

Anyone else experiencing server problems with the site not loading ?  Noticed it for the 4-5 days...

Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 09:27:56 pm »

I've definitely noticed the slow down which all started when the server was compromised and malicious files where injected/uploaded...
That problem seems to have been resolved... Been conversing with tech support in hopes of correcting the recent slowdown...

I was away working with my brother in W.VA for the last three weeks and things have really plagued me!  I had very limited access to the internet and it became a futile problem for me the last couple of weeks!  Just returned home on Sat. and hope to get things running smoothly asap...

My apologies for the inconvenience ! ! !  Timing of these events has not been in my favor...

My six cents,

Jim

HowDueYouDue
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 07:58:52 am »

I've definitely noticed the slow down which all started when the server was compromised and malicious files where injected/uploaded...
That problem seems to have been resolved... Been conversing with tech support in hopes of correcting the recent slowdown...

I was away working with my brother in W.VA for the last three weeks and things have really plagued me!  I had very limited access to the internet and it became a futile problem for me the last couple of weeks!  Just returned home on Sat. and hope to get things running smoothly asap...

My apologies for the inconvenience ! ! !  Timing of these events has not been in my favor...

I was able to log right on this morning. Thank you for all your efforts

I dreamed I had a good job and I got well paid.
I blew it all at the penny arcade.

-Eric Clapton & B.B. King
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 08:36:30 am »

I was having issues through last night, but I got right in this morning.   Jim, as always, thanks for you help with this and hopefully it is resolved.
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 10:18:20 am »

UPDATE:

The "Slow Down" we experienced was due to a compromise on the server which eventually was shut down as resource usage began to escalate.
Apparently, on another hosted site, there was a DDoS Perl IrcBot that was injected onto the server which lead to the service disruption.
I have talking with tech support to ensure this does not happen any time soon; I will be monitoring closely as we are not completely in the clear until I can be sure none of the extraneous files/directories still exist anywhere on the server!
 darn  darn  hopefull  darn  darn  hopefull  darn darn
Thank you for your patience ! ! !

My six cents,

Jim

MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 10:39:32 am »

there was a DDoS Perl IrcBot that was injected onto the server which lead to the service disruption.

Huh?   biggrin

Glad to be back in!

Glen
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 10:46:00 am »

Thanks for all the time you put in to keep the sight up and running.

Rod
Fun-Tronics
pinballdude
25 Cent Member

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2016, 11:40:28 am »

I was annoyed that it took long/wasn't loading. But it's back and now I am happy. You leave town for a few weeks and everything falls apart! LOL. Thank you for the fine job you do. I think the worst part was since it wasn't responding, you couldn't ask someone WHY it was this way. Because you couldn't get on!
aristocrat
10 Cent Member

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2016, 11:57:35 am »

i hadnt been on the site for a while and

was hoping it was down for maintenance

thanks for your efforts jim

GP
brasskey
25 Cent Member

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2016, 01:05:12 pm »

Huh?   biggrin

I was thinking the same thing!