SMC Discussion Areas
March 29, 2024, 06:43:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alan Huffman banned from business in NC  (Read 15102 times)
brasskey
25 Cent Member

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2016, 12:11:26 pm »

The way I read this...What's to stop him from doing business anywhere that's NOT in North Carolina??? He needs to be BEHIND BARS!!!

That's the way I read it, too. Seems like he needs more punishment than just being banned from North Carolina for a year.
brasskey
25 Cent Member

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2016, 12:12:18 pm »

Well, he probably spent the advance money that he received for the machines.  So I'm guessing that he will have to pay a lot of cash back that he doesn't have.  Hmmmmmm, sounds like someone is in need of a liquidation sale.

I'm sure we can liquidate the decapper from him.
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2016, 06:20:09 pm »

Looks like a wink and nod court ruling. No surprise.
Research any company before doing biz with same.
Creighton
Lincoln22
10 Cent Member

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2016, 04:51:11 pm »

Justice

Brian
mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2016, 05:02:50 pm »

It happens. There was a upscale used car dealership in Santa Barbara CA, called Montecito Motors. High end used cars but all on consignment. They were actually in business for a few years, it was a father and son outfit. You started to hear rumors locally of some shady business. The car owners would go in to see their cars and they weren't there. They would give them the runaround that it was at the shop, it was on a test drive and so on. Or they said it was sold but they were waiting for check to clear. Well, they were shut down and both did fairly hard jail time. As far as I know they might actually still be in jail and it's been a few years. Sad for all involved.

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C
Seeburg 100R
Seeburg 100W
BeaYoung
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2016, 08:32:59 pm »

When I read the headline, I thought maybe he did used the "wrong" bathroom in NC!!!! Ha Ha Ha
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2016, 07:25:07 pm »

Wrong bathroom, very funny.  I have never done business with Alan and will not after all the stories I have heard.   I have gone to visit him once to see his collection which is really quite a collection.  I was planning on another visit in about a month to visit the museum again, so maybe I can see if anything is for sale  hopefull
genudoc
10 Cent Member

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2016, 01:25:50 pm »

Wow, been away from site for a bit and came back and look what I see.
Lots of bad memories came back to mind but also some good
People on this site were very helpful and gave me info to make right contacts to put the right amount of pressure to get my machine back.
Jim even took him off this site because of  all the negative feedback.
That was back in 2014 and there was even a piece on TV about Alan and the complaints.
Guess did not last cause the complaints I see continued.
What do they say about old dogs ?

Jacobs56(2)
Cavalier 54
Cavalier 72
Cavalier 51
Vendo 44
VMC 27
VMC 33
Glasco Slider
Vendo 110
Stoner Candy Machine
200Gumball Machines- I have a sickness
cohammer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2016, 10:05:43 pm »

People like him is the very reason when I take my boat to have motor serviced or a car to be worked on , if I am trying a new shop I never leave it with some body that has a lot of what I am having repaired sitting around . They never fix anything or give it back .

Ideal 35 RC
v 23 deluxe
v 39
c 96
c 55 e
C 51 g
C 72
C96
V 27
Westinghouse JR ice chest
Westinghouse standard ice chest
Westinghouse master ice chest
early model Stoner jr.
Stoner theaters
Thanks Jeff
firemun

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2017, 06:41:31 am »

I have been away from the site for many years but getting back on re reading some threads I remember what a great group of folks there was on here. I am sorry I went away" but life just got in the way and I just did not have time for the hobby.  I have been trying to downsize some and I still have multiple machines that were out of sight, almost out of mind. Alan still has some of my stuff that was taken to him before I knew better.    I contacted Jim to get back on here so I can gather some evidence (photos of machines, conversations about purchases etc.) Since I was not really working with the machines it did not bother me I did not have them in my possession.   BUT...when I tried to get them back I discovered all this other info about Alan. Wish me luck as I travel the path some of you have trod getting your stuff back.
Jeff
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: