SMC Discussion Areas
April 19, 2024, 07:46:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie with a Vendo 83 to restore  (Read 9130 times)
Bulldog Z

« on: April 27, 2016, 06:19:31 pm »

Hello,
   I am a newbie on this site. I have a Vendo 83 that I will be restoring. I am having trouble with the vending mechanism. When I open the bottle door, the drum does not spin at all. I am sure I am doing something wrong, or something may be disconnected in the machine. Your opinions or remedies for my problem are appreciated.

Brad Richards
HowDueYouDue
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 07:08:29 pm »

Welcome to the site and best of luck with the resto

I dreamed I had a good job and I got well paid.
I blew it all at the penny arcade.

-Eric Clapton & B.B. King
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 07:51:22 pm »

Hello,

And welcome to the site !  I'm sure someone can assist . I have never owned a V-83 .

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2016, 09:04:02 pm »

Welcome to the Site!

The Vendo 83 is not a collectible machine in which I don't advise you restore for any type of investment purposes!

If you are doing it for yourself, etc and don't care about the cost than go for it!  I hate to see a newbie fall into a trap so just a quick nickel worth of free advise!

Let's see some pictures to see what you are working with!  You will have to fun here on the site and before you know it you will lining up your machines and running out of space like the rest of us!

Jared
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2016, 09:07:41 pm »

Welcome!
Good bet it has 40+ years of dirt and grime. Good cleaning should improve the workings.
Creighton
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2016, 09:24:44 am »

The 83 like all other coin operated machines, needs a dime to complete the linkage.
      Once the coin has passed through the slug rejector and reached it's desired slot,
lifting the door will index the drum and drop the coin into the coin box.

By the way, Jared offers a very valid warning:
Do not invest any money in a Vendo 83 that you cannot afford to walk away from.
Have a good time with it and learn things like this, before you know it you will find a keeper to restore.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 09:31:30 am by MoonDawg » Logged

Glen
ajf5577
Soda Jerks

Andy

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2016, 10:26:31 am »

Hello,
   I am a newbie on this site. I have a Vendo 83 that I will be restoring. I am having trouble with the vending mechanism. When I open the bottle door, the drum does not spin at all. I am sure I am doing something wrong, or something may be disconnected in the machine. Your opinions or remedies for my problem are appreciated.

Brad Richards

What they said..... If you like the machine, Great, but there is not much interest in the 83's so not much resale, and if scrap prices are 1c per pound, its worth $4.00  darn

With that said, follow the linkage from the bottle door. It meshes somewhere with the shaft that will turn the drum. Something is not connected.

VMC 7up 81
VMC Pepsi 33
Coke 81
Pepsi CV 78D
Vendo Milk Machine
Whistle Quikold
Whistle S&S
Cleo Cola Quikold
Stoner Gum Wheel
Looking for Picnic Coolers
Wanted- Superior Jr Orange Crush and Grapette
Starr X Openers
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2016, 11:24:36 am »

Part List:
Bulldog Z

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2016, 07:15:52 pm »

Thank you for all of the great replies guys. I know the V83 is not the most desirable machine out there. I did get the machine for next to nothing, so I don't have that much money in it at this point. I will most likely just do a sympathetic restoration by making the machine vend, and touch up the paint.

Brad
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2016, 09:36:27 pm »

Thank you for all of the great replies guys. I know the V83 is not the most desirable machine out there. I did get the machine for next to nothing, so I don't have that much money in it at this point. I will most likely just do a sympathetic restoration by making the machine vend, and touch up the paint.

Brad

It's the most least desired machine in the hobby!  Your approach is the right one!
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: