SMC Discussion Areas
April 18, 2024, 08:16:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: vendo 125 time module burned up(my fault) and I need a new one modern alt?  (Read 8252 times)
jjona5

« on: April 25, 2016, 12:38:40 pm »

So I messed up the time module in my machine and need another one. Any ideas about an alternative or where to get a new one? Or just a safe way to make my machine fully free without that module. The wiring diagram doesnt really day everything it does. I'm pretty sure it keeps the buttons hot for x amount of time after coins are put in and also when a selection is made(i think).
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 01:10:32 pm »

Welcome to the Site!

If your machine have a 8 pin Jones Plug where the coin mechanism would plug in follow this thread!

http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php/topic,871.0.html
jjona5

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 02:35:07 pm »

Well I made one of those but since my timer is dead as soon as it is coined up it loses power to the vend buttons UNLESS I keep the button held down. Then on top of that I have to hold down the button until the soda comes out. Instead of just pushing the button. I was making something smooth and dropped a hot wire and shorted out the timer and burned it up...
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 03:07:39 pm »

Could you install some type of inline switch so it keeps constant power to the old worn out timer module??  Than you could install it somewhere on the machine and just toggle it when you want a soda?

We have some very resourceful members, you be surprised with in a few days you might be able to locate a new timer module.   biggrin
jjona5

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 03:12:20 pm »

Well I made a jumper wire that will give me a soda if I hold down the selection until a soda comes out. So I mean it works but I'd rather it be right ya know. I put a want to buy ad with pictures so hopefully someone will find one. I also looked up timers but I'm not completely sure how the old time module worked. I thought all it did was keep power to the selection buttons for a certain amount of time until the selection was made but when it burned up it also seemed to have made it so I have to hold down the vend button. I don't remember having to do that with this one.
jjona5

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 03:12:39 pm »

Oh and thanks for all replies!
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2016, 04:30:21 pm »

Oh and thanks for all replies!

Looks like a resistor or capacitor on the timer module.  Perhaps you can put a meter in it and check continuity.  If it's bad replace it and see if the module will work?

jjona5

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2016, 05:39:59 pm »

Well I cut the timer open and there are 3 pieces in there(two def resistors) that are bad but they are so burned I can't identify their values.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2016, 08:54:22 pm »

You need a 120-volt delay off timer. It' function is to register a button push & "hold" the selection for a given amount of time so that the vending system has time to register & complete a vend cycle.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/POTTER-BRUMFIELD-CDB-38-70014-DELAY-TIMER-SOLID-STATE-01-10-SEC-120-VOLT-/191806994054?nav=SEARCH

You'll need a base-socket to match the relay, be it 8 or 11 pins.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 08:57:01 pm by johnieG » Logged

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2016, 09:22:09 pm »

Interesting that it has a timer several wide or narrow column motors I have seen are set with a micro switch . Each switch on the motor has a plastic disc.  The disk can be adjusted by simply loosening a screw this times the motor without a timer module needed.

Learn something new everyday!
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: