SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 09:36:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stopped Vending  (Read 21480 times)
JDAugie
5 Cent Member

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2016, 02:42:01 pm »

Okay. I tested it with the unit unplugged and I had continuity, a closed circuit between 1 and 6.  I plugged it in and pressed the "free vend" switch and it engaged the solenoid and opened the circuit.  I turned the cam and released a bottle and the circuit closed and I once again had continuity.

Thanks,
John
USS-8-64
VF-63
Williams Gorgar
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2016, 08:28:02 pm »

Sounds like everything in the machine is fine, when you plug the coin mechanism in with the machine powered on, do you hear the CREMs pull in?  Did you ever run through the calibration from the Mars manual link on the first page?

JDAugie
5 Cent Member

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2016, 10:10:14 pm »

What are the CREMS? I haven't done the calibration yet. I was more concerned with the apparent short to the case.

Thanks,
John
USS-8-64
VF-63
Williams Gorgar
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2016, 10:37:57 pm »

Coin Reject ElectroMagnets, they are behind the slug rejector in the coin mechanism, a set of 'fingers' that push out when the machine is in a vend cycle and cause coins to reject, so you can't add extra money.  When you plug in the mech with the machine powered, you'd hear a clicking, which is the CREMs pulling back.

JDAugie
5 Cent Member

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2016, 04:24:38 pm »

Ok, with the machine powered, I plugged in the Coin unit.  No clicks or buzzes, unless they are very quiet and I can't hear them over the compressor running.

Thanks,
John
USS-8-64
VF-63
Williams Gorgar
ajf5577
Soda Jerks

Andy

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2016, 08:39:59 pm »

Ok, with the machine powered, I plugged in the Coin unit.  No clicks or buzzes, unless they are very quiet and I can't hear them over the compressor running.

You'll hear them, or better yet, you can see them activate if you remove the rejector from the mech and then plug it in. It's the one or two metal bars with fingers protruding into the rejector.

Oops, I see that was mentioned above. Likewise, if the magnets are energized, these can be humming, and can be pulled out from the electromagnets. If the magnets aren't energized, it may actually be the coin mech. These used to go bad frequently on the route. If you can arrange to borrow a verified working coin mech, try plugging that in and see what happens.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 08:43:47 pm by ajf5577 » Logged

VMC 7up 81
VMC Pepsi 33
Coke 81
Pepsi CV 78D
Vendo Milk Machine
Whistle Quikold
Whistle S&S
Cleo Cola Quikold
Stoner Gum Wheel
Looking for Picnic Coolers
Wanted- Superior Jr Orange Crush and Grapette
Starr X Openers
JDAugie
5 Cent Member

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2016, 03:56:27 pm »

I tried the other coin unit that I got on Ebay.  I heard no clicking either.  This one is missing the front panel.    Does anyone know if the ballasts for the fluorescent bulbs are like transformers, with a primary and secondary?

Thanks,
John
USS-8-64
VF-63
Williams Gorgar
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2016, 09:13:32 pm »

And you tested that mech with the nickel coin tubes filled up past the switch?  How about the dimes?

Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2016, 11:05:06 pm »

Myself would solve one problem at a time. Pictures/photos etc... may very well speed up both issues solution.
Creighton
JDAugie
5 Cent Member

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2016, 10:52:55 am »

Hi again all,  Creighton, I do agree with you that focussing on the problems individually might help.  I started this thread with the vend issue so I've been trying to work the suggestions that have come in on that.  In the process, I discovered the "short" issue and due to the safety concerns, thought that I should address that, as a priority, though continuing to follow up on any, much appreciated suggestions that are coming through about the vend issue.  So, I have added the coins as tkaz suggested. 20 Nickles and 20 dimes, though not through the "learning" process.  Still getting no clicks from the CREMs.  I,ve attached some pics of the coin unit.

Thanks,
John
USS-8-64
VF-63
Williams Gorgar
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: