SMC Discussion Areas
April 17, 2024, 09:40:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: USS-8-64 - need opinions  (Read 15963 times)
ajf5577
Soda Jerks

Andy

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2016, 10:57:01 am »

Sounds like something is loose. That rattling sound is not usual. Are your circulating fans secure and running true?

You may find that after you replace the seals, the compressor may not run as much.  I don't think that these suck up as much electricity as the (new) sales people make you think. They need to have some method of selling new appliances.

VMC 7up 81
VMC Pepsi 33
Coke 81
Pepsi CV 78D
Vendo Milk Machine
Whistle Quikold
Whistle S&S
Cleo Cola Quikold
Stoner Gum Wheel
Looking for Picnic Coolers
Wanted- Superior Jr Orange Crush and Grapette
Starr X Openers
dylaninwv

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2016, 01:09:05 pm »

I will need to wait to get everything apart to check which fan and what is loose.

In the meantime, just checked it. Temp was down to 29. Turned off and back on, and set thermo to 2. Noisy fan stoped, and came back on in about 10 mins.
ajf5577
Soda Jerks

Andy

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2016, 03:30:31 pm »

Dylan,
Let's segregate some sounds. The "fans" will sound like a regular fan, unless they are loose or hitting something.

I think what you are describing as a "noisy fan" is the compressor. It's supposed to come on and off. Makes a slight grinding noise. The "fans" should just be blowing along and stay on all of the time. One down by the compressor, and one inside the machine to move the cooled air around. The access to these fans should be fairly easy.

What we were hearing with the door open was a rattling noise like one of the "fans" we're vibrating, or some other metal parts were vibrating. As Glen said, the Cavaliers can be noisy runners, but in your first video we didn't hear anything out of the ordinary.

Get the door gaskets installed and keep us in the loop.

VMC 7up 81
VMC Pepsi 33
Coke 81
Pepsi CV 78D
Vendo Milk Machine
Whistle Quikold
Whistle S&S
Cleo Cola Quikold
Stoner Gum Wheel
Starr X Openers
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2016, 03:35:32 pm »

The lower fan motor will cycle on and off with the compressor.

Glen
ajf5577
Soda Jerks

Andy

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2016, 03:37:28 pm »

Correct, my bad.

VMC 7up 81
VMC Pepsi 33
Coke 81
Pepsi CV 78D
Vendo Milk Machine
Whistle Quikold
Whistle S&S
Cleo Cola Quikold
Stoner Gum Wheel
Starr X Openers
dylaninwv

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2016, 03:51:51 pm »

Thanks for the input guys. This is helping tremendously.

Door gasket is in Fedex, should have it in a couple days.

My assumption is that the evap/circulating fan runs all the time(which seems to be quiet) and the compressor fan keeps running even if the compressor shuts off? That is what it is acting like. Otherwise I assume, if the compressor was actually running, it will be a lot colder than 30 degrees. Either way, Ill post up what happens after I get the new door gasket.
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2016, 04:41:41 pm »

Not an expert, but evaporator fan should run all the time to keep the air circulating.  The condenser fan only runs when the compressor is on.
dylaninwv

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2016, 09:34:52 am »

Just an update...

New bottle door gasket came in (thanks FunTronics!). Haven't had a chance to put it in yet. Will try this weekend.

Weather wise, we got back down into the 30's-40's. Had it plugged in yesterday, and condenser fan was not running constantly, and machine held temp around 36 degrees with thermo set at 2. It's supposed to be colder for a few days, so I will leave it plugged up to see if the condenser fan kicks on and off at regular intervals and holds temp like it should. More info to follow.

In the meantime, looking at the bottle door (or they call it, port gasket, part 7) per the schematic, it's held in place by being sandwiched between the main door (part 1) and the port assembly (part 37) and held in place under tension via machine screws. I am hoping that all I have to do to change it is unscrew, pull the old gasket out, shove the flanges of the new gasket back into said gap and re-screw? Or does it require the the back half of the door to be taken off completely, to get at the port assembly?

BeaYoung
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2016, 10:42:52 am »

You're making progress!
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2016, 10:55:50 am »

Just remove the screws and remove the old one. Do your best to stretch the corners fully when re-installing.

Glen
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: