SMC Discussion Areas
March 29, 2024, 09:40:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VMC-44 Jammed Actuator Coupling  (Read 6756 times)
magpies35

« on: January 19, 2016, 11:46:34 am »

I loaded 4 bottles each on both the left and right sides of my VMC-44 following the loading instructions.  I was working the vending process by rotating the actuator coupling 90 degrees to the right and back again to the vertical position but after three vends it all of the sudden froze on me and now I can't move it to the right at all.

Any ideas on how to get it working again? I'm still new at this so please excuse any stupid questions.

jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 12:07:45 pm »

Are you using new 8oz bottles?  If so, did you put shims in the vending column? 

The new bottles are 'skinnier' than the originals and will jam without shims to help them stack properly.

Jim

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
BeaYoung
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 12:50:46 pm »

Just to widen my knowledge base... If you don't use the shims, do the bottles get jammed or does the actuator get jammed?? Perhaps both because the actuator can't return to the "home" position? Thanks!
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 02:09:53 pm »

Yes, you need to mess with the spring setup behind the actuator when it gets stuck.

Glen
BeaYoung
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 07:35:58 pm »

Thanks!
magpies35

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 08:02:17 pm »

I used the standard 6.5 ounce bottles.  I unloaded the other bottles once it jammed so it is not a problem with the bottles.  It won't budge when I try and rotate it the 90 degrees to the right.  What do I need to do with with the spring setting behind the actuator?  Give it a good wack with a hammer or is there something a little less potentially destructive that I need to do to it.

Thanks for the help.
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2016, 11:01:45 am »

There's a wheel with notches cut in it and a spring/ratchet setup that is supposed to prevent the mech from turning backwards.  I'm guessing the little locking arm is stuck.  It you can reach it, you should be able to lift it and free it up.  I have some pics from when I disassembled and cleaned up my 44.  They might help you picture what I'm talking about:
http://www.littlebluespitfire.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=10254

This one specifically shows the wheel setup I'm talking about:
http://www.littlebluespitfire.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=10271

Jim

VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2016, 11:17:42 am »

The assembly that is binding is shown in the third picture.
         Jim, I can't believe how far you took that stack apart...........scary! oops

Glen
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2016, 11:30:35 am »

The assembly that is binding is shown in the third picture.
         Jim, I can't believe how far you took that stack apart...........scary! oops

Hah... in for a penny, in for a pound Glen!   Once I got started cleaning things, it just kept going.  "Shipwright's Disease" is the technical term I believe.    Cool

VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: