SMC Discussion Areas
April 19, 2024, 02:23:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Reinstall VMC 44 Crank Handle  (Read 8247 times)
magpies35

« on: January 13, 2016, 08:58:05 am »

I rotated the vend handle on my VMC 44 half a turn to get the front door open.  I then unpinned it to get it chrome plated.  When I went to put it back on, it is now at the three quarter turn counter clockwise position and is jammed - will not turn in either direction.

Do I need to take off the coin mechanism to get it unjammed and back in the proper position or is there an easier way to get it back to the vend position?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Matt

SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 12:10:23 pm »

did you take it apart and getting the clutch and spring assembly out before chroming? if not, I'm sure it's all now stuck together from the chroming process..will have to see if it will come apart and most likely damage the chrome and have to redo?

send a photo , front and back.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
magpies35

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 07:47:36 pm »

It looks like I have some work to do.

I have two of the three screws off.  I think this last one isn't going to be as easy as the first two.

Great information - thanks!
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 08:25:39 pm »

That countersunk screw is always the worst, even without these plating problems.  down
    Use a die grinder to develop a deep slot into it and don't worry about cutting into the aluminum as the cut is on the inside and will never show.

Glen
BeaYoung
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 12:55:00 pm »

There is a good post on this board somewhere on how to re-assemble the crank handle... I searched and could not find it... Can someone else help? As I recall there were photos. I think Rod from Funtronics may have posted it.
B.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 02:14:26 pm »

It was Jim who posted that nice tutorial, I don't know where it is anymore though.

Glen
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2016, 03:00:08 pm »

Pinned at the top of the Tips & Tutorials sub-forum: http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php/topic,7473.0.html

brasskey
25 Cent Member

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2016, 03:52:15 pm »

Pinned at the top of the Tips & Tutorials sub-forum: http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php/topic,7473.0.html

I used this post from Jim and it was very helpful. Probably would still be working on it if I didn't find his post.
BeaYoung
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2016, 07:35:24 pm »

Glad it was found. As I recall, it was awesome.
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2016, 07:45:05 pm »

Thanks Tom!  I missed this thread...

Matt, the most important part for re-assembly is to ensure the pawl, part #80, is installed correctly. Look closely at the beveled end and you should notice a slight difference in the bevels; the larger bevel should be positioned so it faces up toward the top of the crank handle. Follow the instructions and you should have no issues...

My six cents,

Jim

magpies35

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2016, 07:56:11 pm »

Thanks for the assistance with my frozen crank handle.  Once I opened it up it was solid rust.  I cleaned everything up, lubricated the cam with lithium, and everything works as advertised.

Thanks again!
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: