SMC Discussion Areas
March 29, 2024, 12:30:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: USS-8-64 top stack vending problem.  (Read 5015 times)
dylaninwv

« on: January 12, 2016, 01:27:57 pm »

Hello, have a weird problem.

Got a Cavalier uss-8-64. Coin mech is a COinco 3340-s. Takes coins fine, and fires the vend solenoid as it should. In the 8 vending stack, the botton four levers will turn, but the top four will not. All of them have cans in the hopper and the sold out tabs on the cradles are depressed. Any ideas?
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 12:12:33 am »

I'm trying to remember what the back of the vending stack looks like on the USS machines, I'm pretty sure that there are metal panels for each vending column that slide up and down as you rotate the vending cradle.  Yours may need some lubrication, which would involve removing the stack from the machine which you'd have to remove the shelves and the two screws at the top of the stack.

dylaninwv

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 05:28:50 pm »

Wasn't the sold out tabs. Too much back and forth play on the top cradles. Moving them back and forth let them vend. I wd-40 the sliding gate at the back of the stack and I'm good to go. Thanks for your help!
ajf5577
Soda Jerks

Andy

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 10:29:30 pm »

You might want to try something a little more permanent like white lithium or lubriplate that will stick around longer than the WD. Glad that you got it working though.

VMC 7up 81
VMC Pepsi 33
Coke 81
Pepsi CV 78D
Vendo Milk Machine
Whistle Quikold
Whistle S&S
Cleo Cola Quikold
Stoner Gum Wheel
Looking for Picnic Coolers
Wanted- Superior Jr Orange Crush and Grapette
Starr X Openers
dylaninwv

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2016, 08:47:11 am »

Actually, I found a silicone based water resistant WD-40 at AutoZone. Hopefully should work out good.
BeaYoung
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2016, 12:52:36 pm »

There's a lot of white lithium sprays out there too. Recently used some on a bottle stack and it worked great!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: