SMC Discussion Areas
April 19, 2024, 07:17:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Painting a Cavalier USS-8-64  (Read 4989 times)
Coke536

« on: December 29, 2015, 04:58:00 pm »

I've removed the door on my Cavalier USS-8-64 Coke machine and want to sand and re-paint the white paint area (see the attached pictures) using Rust-Oleum and then putting on ~3 coats of clear coat to protect the paint.  Is there a way to remove the metal piece that's painted white from the rest of the machine?  I've removed several screws that I thought would separate the white painted area, but so far it's not coming out.  If it can't be removed, I'll paint it in place and make sure I mask off the other areas well.

Is spray Rust-Oleum paint the right paint to use or are there better choices.  I don't want to go through the expense of power coating.

Thanks,

Jim
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 05:00:46 pm by Coke536 » Logged

Coke Cavalier CSS-8-64 & USS-8-64- purchased Oct 2013
sodamuseum.com

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 03:57:31 pm »

I would be happy to email you a copy of the service manual - you may find it useful in taking the machine apart.  Send me your email via message and I will send it over.

Thanks, Tom

Tom

Lots of machines, someday I will put together a list
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 06:22:43 pm »

Rust-Oleum is good paint. The nozzle can be a problem. Krylon does a better job of consistent spray. Whatever you choose it helps to warm the can in water to 75 degrees or so. Shake for at least 3 minutes before the warm up and a couple after. Several light coats better than one thick.
sodamuseum.com PM sent.
Creighton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: