SMC Discussion Areas
March 29, 2024, 04:20:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 81 bottle gates sticking  (Read 6410 times)
brasskey
25 Cent Member

« on: December 22, 2015, 10:26:52 pm »

I'm in the midst of putting my 81 back together and the bottle gates are sticking. I just have the liner in and the bottle stack. I have been testing the vending, but the gates stick. The cam will turn fine, the bottle gates will lift, but then will not come all the way back down. I have to give the gate a little pressure, then it springs back. Any ideas on what the issue might be?
brasskey
25 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 11:42:31 pm »

Nevermind. Found some posts on white lithium grease and that did the trick.
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 02:18:50 am »

I'm in the midst of putting my 81 back together and the bottle gates are sticking. I just have the liner in and the bottle stack. I have been testing the vending, but the gates stick. The cam will turn fine, the bottle gates will lift, but then will not come all the way back down. I have to give the gate a little pressure, then it springs back. Any ideas on what the issue might be?

Did you replace the spring that goes on the actuator cup?  Sometimes if you are using the old one the spring gets worn out which will also cause this problem!
brasskey
25 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 04:41:45 am »

Did you replace the spring that goes on the actuator cup?  Sometimes if you are using the old one the spring gets worn out which will also cause this problem!

I didn't, but I will keep that in mind and order one to keep just in case. Thanks.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 01:32:38 pm »

yes the white grease will help.. but also what I find often times is the large return spring in the back of the housing sometimes needs to be replaced or "Tightened"

I don' t think it's available in reproduction so all I do is cut off about 1/2 inch of it, make a new end and reattach.. it acts like a nice tight spring again and really helps "Lift" the sliding actuator in the back of the unit back up, allowing the gates to close.

another culprit is often the return springs on the arms themselves.. make sure they are good.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
BeaYoung
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2016, 02:52:17 pm »

Does the spray form of the white lithium grease work?
brasskey
25 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2016, 03:03:02 pm »

Does the spray form of the white lithium grease work?

That's what I used.
BeaYoung
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2016, 07:36:50 pm »

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: