SMC Discussion Areas
April 19, 2024, 12:39:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New to SodaMachines.com - Vendo 77 rebuild - Mott's Machine  (Read 3052 times)
coachdavo

« on: December 20, 2015, 08:57:45 am »

Hello everyone.  I just got on here a couple days ago (Thanks Jim). I have one of the hideous Motts apple juice machines and will be starting a rebuild this Winter.  The machine full model # is VF77B-A. The unit gets nice and cold. I bypassed the coin operator with a small push button switch.  A couple initial questions

1.  What should I do or look at with the refrigeration hardware?  As I said it is fully functional but I don't mind doing a little preventive maintenance
2.  I am slightly electrically illiterate, but how much juice does this thing draw?  I would like to keep it plugged in all of the time
3.  This is a can machine, I prefer bottles.  Is there a conversion kit available? Any comments on converting?
4.  Is this machine painted or powder coated? What do I need to do to strip it before I go with my colors?
5.  There is a hole for a light port behind the metal "Motts" panel.  I will want to use the light, but I don't see how it plugs in to anything - See pic
6.  I don't like the look of the $2 push button that I installed, is there a built in way to bypass the coin operator?

I am sure I will have many more questions - Glad there is a community of support out there.  Thanks

Dave
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 09:24:38 am by coachdavo » Logged
coachdavo

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 08:59:00 am »

Other pictures...
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 11:59:21 am »

Welcome to the site Coach!  happydrinkers

1: For now you could oil fan motors and vacuum or blow air through those fins on the condenser.
             Later you could even change the wiring harness and fan motors if you're really into it.
         2: Most of us keep a few machines running year round and we're not broke yet.
         3: A bottle stack from a Vendo 56 or 63 will replace your stack, but their shelves are too short for a 77.
             I have the longer bottle shelves to fit your machine if you want to go that route..
         4: Machines are painted, so just strip and re-paint like you do your old cars.
         5: Someone re-routed the wires intended to feed the marquee.
             The connector that should fit into that slot is now hanging useless over on the coin door.
         6: In the coin mech section of this site are posts about free-play switches.
             I can send you one that plugs into your Jones plug and operates using your coin return knob.
             That Coinco mech looks to be in nice shape, have you tested it? Do you have the rejector?

Glen
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: