SMC Discussion Areas
April 25, 2024, 01:00:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: $150 Racine wi Pepsi round corners  (Read 10027 times)
ajf5577
Soda Jerks

Andy

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2015, 06:33:44 pm »

I have the solution to this one. When I saw the post, I went to craigslist in Racine and checked it out. There were two "vintage Pepsi Machine" listings. The one he posted ( with the picture) had no picture. The other listing had the picture but it wasn't the listing that was posted here. Interesting Brenda because right when I saw this post I immediately texted and tried to call, but got no response. Strange that after that, the person would let you drive over there to see it ( the wrong one)
Anyway, I did make contact with the person owning the CV68. They had already sold it. Long story about a dead brother and a sister in Chicago wanted the thing gone. The compressor was no good. It sold for $525.00.

Mystery solved

VMC 7up 81
VMC Pepsi 33
Coke 81
Pepsi CV 78D
Vendo Milk Machine
Whistle Quikold
Whistle S&S
Cleo Cola Quikold
Stoner Gum Wheel
Looking for Picnic Coolers
Wanted- Superior Jr Orange Crush and Grapette
Starr X Openers
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2015, 07:12:31 pm »

Always a tough situation to arrive after a drive to find the wrong machine!!!  I can't imagine what is was line 15-20 years ago without the technology we have today!

Sorry B!  That's no fun!
ajf5577
Soda Jerks

Andy

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2015, 08:32:22 pm »

Jared,
We called on the phone and discussed the details. We sent pictures back and forth via email, or snail Mail before that. Since we were all in the same boat, you knew what you were going after.

I'm glad that the lady with the "wrong" machine ignored me, sorry Brenda.

I was just looking over some issues of Club Soda. It was just a mere 13 years ago that we all placed want ads in the magazine and waited for the stuff to roll in, and it did. Or you placed a big ad with your stuff and people called you.
The phenomena over the last few years has led to what others have pointed out at Chicago. All the stuff shows up in trucks but it's already sold. It's still exciting, but not as much fun.

Art Bell wrote about it- the Quickening.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 08:34:20 pm by ajf5577 » Logged

VMC 7up 81
VMC Pepsi 33
Coke 81
Pepsi CV 78D
Vendo Milk Machine
Whistle Quikold
Whistle S&S
Cleo Cola Quikold
Stoner Gum Wheel
Looking for Picnic Coolers
Wanted- Superior Jr Orange Crush and Grapette
Starr X Openers
Jared
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2015, 09:16:41 pm »

So who got the rc 81
Ezra
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2015, 09:48:07 pm »

I think someone scored the wrong medication at the drug store

Blahahaha oh Bono you're awesome!

B, what's the scoop w the 81?
Ezra
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2015, 09:55:45 pm »

I have the solution to this one. When I saw the post, I went to craigslist in Racine and checked it out. There were two "vintage Pepsi Machine" listings. The one he posted ( with the picture) had no picture. The other listing had the picture but it wasn't the listing that was posted here. Interesting Brenda because right when I saw this post I immediately texted and tried to call, but got no response. Strange that after that, the person would let you drive over there to see it ( the wrong one)
Anyway, I did make contact with the person owning the CV68. They had already sold it. Long story about a dead brother and a sister in Chicago wanted the thing gone. The compressor was no good. It sold for $525.00.

Mystery solved

Ok, the post and the pic arrived to me from my search engine, a computer glitch. My good intentions of helping the forum resulted in a waste of time for Brenda which sucks! I have helped many here before, again my intentions were genuine .

Brenda, thinking I pulled a prank phoned me and informed me it was the wrong machine but told me the seller had another machine there a rc 81 that the seller " didn't know what they had". My jaw dropped and I was happy for her. I deleted the pic and posted the note about scoring a 81.
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2015, 02:37:14 am »

I'm confused my head hurts...
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: