SMC Discussion Areas
March 29, 2024, 12:32:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cavalier USS-8-64 TOO COLD  (Read 5993 times)
Sneak A Peak

« on: December 09, 2015, 05:19:49 pm »

Sorry, i think i posted this question in the wrong section before..... Here goes

Machine runs and cools, but then cools too much. With in 30 minutes the unit was at 5 degrees.  I unplugged it and let it get back to room temp, adjusted the thermostat to all the way warm, and plugged it back in.  it cooled down to and held temp just under 20 degrees F.    It seems the compressor is always running, I would think that it would need to cycle in and out when at temp.  It is also quote loud, if need be I can upload a video.

Anyone have any thoughts?  I am not too familiar with refrigeration, but not afraid to take direction for troubleshooting.  Please let me know what you think.  thank you.

Darryl
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 06:06:40 pm »

Welcome to the group.
         Your thermostat is not cutting off at any temperature so it is faulty.  Our sponsors carry new ones.

Glen
Sneak A Peak

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 11:47:19 am »

Thanks MoonDawg,

i figured since the thermostat was adjusting the temperature it was working correctly.  I just ordered one along with a service manual and bracket.  The one in my machine is hanging loose.  I hope it is that easy, but my luck never seems to take the easy route.   

Any other common problems with the USS-8-64 i should know about or check on? It seems like the rubber grommets that soak the vibration of the compressor plate need to be replaced as they are pretty well deteriorated.  I cant seem to find any within the sponsors websites.  Any ideas where i can find some or suggestions on what i can use to replace them?

Thanks Again!
Sneak A Peak

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 01:21:23 pm »

Well, since i am waiting for parts i thought i would ask a ccouple more questions.  The thermostat that is in it now is loose.  where was it originally?  Where is the best spot to mount the replacement bracket i ordered?  Also, where should the probe go?  This one was resting in the loop on the side of the cooling fins.  Is that correct?  where should it go?  Thanks in advance.

Sneak A Peak

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2015, 05:17:20 pm »

Okay, after further review...

i found the blade under the evaporator.  This thing must have been broken for some time.  looks like over time the vibration sheered the mounting tabs and the housing fell off of the shelf.  Then someone obviously then tried to to place some kind of rubber bushing to mitigate the vibration.  can anyone confirm this is how the evaporator housing should be mounted?  is it only the two screws in the front?  the back just rests on the shelf?  if so i think i will just use some plumbers tape to secure the housing.  Thoughts?

What is the correct replacement fan for this?  i have not found a 6  blade fan on any of the sponsors websites.  can i assume a 5 blade fan would be sufficient?  I would surely appreciate your guy's input.

i also found this in the cabnit under the evaporator, does this look familiar to anyone?  where does it go?

more pictures:  long night getting her all cleaned up.  just used simple green and a scotch brite.  good enough for who its for....  

« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 05:33:56 pm by Sneak A Peak » Logged
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2015, 01:03:56 pm »

Quote "can anyone confirm this is how the evaporator housing should be mounted?  is it only the two screws in the front?  the back just rests on the shelf?"

Yes, two screws secure it to the floor up front & the rear "legs" rest on the "shelf/ledge" as shown.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Sneak A Peak

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2015, 01:35:20 pm »

Yes, two screws secure it to the floor up front & the rear "legs" rest on the "shelf/ledge" as shown.
[/quote]

Awesome, thank you JohnieG
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: