SMC Discussion Areas
May 01, 2024, 08:16:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wanted Old Soda Crates  (Read 12144 times)
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2015, 10:55:47 am »

Hey John,
For a bar top I would just get something like Eric posted printed on car wrap. Put it between two pieces of glass, depending on the wrap could light from below. Best if bar tops are smooth easily cleaned surfaces :-).
Creighton

The plan is to lay it all out, fasten it to a sub-board and after putting on drink rail and bar rail I'd use the pour on epoxy to give it that smooth bar top finish.. sealing all the vintage panels underneath...

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2016, 08:52:46 pm »

John,

These just popped up on CL in Greensboro, NC...$8 per is a pretty good deal

http://greensboro.craigslist.org/atq/5381927411.html

SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2016, 09:41:20 am »

Thanks, but he says Buyer Takes All.. I don't need that many of one or two brands...
Thanks for the lead though! happydrinkers

MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2016, 10:55:16 am »

We see so many of these crates that are beat up. Here is a real trophy, priced at triple what it's worth but it would be nice to own.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Coca-Cola-Bottle-Crate-Yellow-Excellent-Condition-Unused-Rare-hard-2Find-/252323990053?hash=item3abfae8a25:g:IZsAAOSwoudW63he

Glen
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2016, 09:00:16 am »

Yes that is a nice one.. I have 2-3 of those in that condition... but those are "TOO " nice for what I'm looking for .
this has been a challenge as crates used to be 10-15 anywhere you look, now at the bottom end , 25.00 on up depending on subject matter..
I am looking to make a bar top, with the pour epoxy coating... just did it with a friend on a multi color wood top bar top, and looks great.
The Bar top is about 96" x 28".. that is 2688 sq inches.  Each crate panel averages about 64" sq inches for the standard size.. so that is 42 panels, div/2 is 21 crates.
figuring around $25.00 per crate, I'll have about $525.00 in materials for the top, plus the cost of bar rail and epoxy... so all in all not too bad for the top.. the rest of it is already in place.. as I'm putting this on an existing built in bar...
the fun Is in the hunt.
so far I have plenty of Coke (but only want about 4-6 coke panels in it . , also have a few 7up, 1 rc cola, 1 Grapette, and working on a mission orange and Nesbitts.
so I appreciate keeping an eye out for me... I am watching Ebay and my local craigslist , but thanks for the tips.
John

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: