SMC Discussion Areas
May 01, 2024, 08:11:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wanted Old Soda Crates  (Read 12143 times)
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2015, 03:06:33 am »

Dang, They are marked at $25 and up here. Not many and in the antique stores. Have you thought about just making what you want?
Creighton
ajf5577
Soda Jerks

Andy

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2015, 06:12:17 am »

I never even thought about crates until you asked here. They used to be everywhere and we burned them if they were damaged at all. I'm looking now and they're all asking a mint. Those divided boxes were always higher, but not the open ones that held four six packs. I wonder if anyone is buying them for these prices?

VMC 7up 81
VMC Pepsi 33
Coke 81
Pepsi CV 78D
Vendo Milk Machine
Whistle Quikold
Whistle S&S
Cleo Cola Quikold
Stoner Gum Wheel
Looking for Picnic Coolers
Wanted- Superior Jr Orange Crush and Grapette
Starr X Openers
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2015, 08:35:14 am »

Prices are all over the place on these but I think they are worth it on some of the harder to find brands... And nice
survivors are hard to come by. I have several I use to hold my bottle collection and display with my coolers and
machines... Bothers me seeing nice older crates cut up into little wagons or doll benches... Cokes I'm ok with as they
are still plentiful (well... unless it is yellow and the colors are sill bright and it's clean) but nice, older Pepsi double dots
or odd brands kills me.. something that was made to take such a beating, somehow survives just to be cut up... Ugh...
So what ever you're making.... it better be awesome! Cool

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2015, 04:59:43 pm »

there are a lot on ebay, and of course everyone wants $$$ for the obscure ones.. 30-40 on up pending the condition...
plus you have to pay shipping of $15-20 to get it..

I was going to make a new bartop out of them.. lay them all out and then lacquer over them and put a nice bar rail on the edges.. figured would fit my soda theme in my bar room..

but at 25.00 a crate... will be an expensive project.. but we'll keep looking.. no hurry and as we know the HUNT is most of the fun!!!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2015, 05:53:41 pm »

If that's your use, you don't need complete crates, just the 2 advertising sides.
Crates with broken bottoms can be separated and the parts can be shipped to you at a much more reasonable cost.

Glen
ajf5577
Soda Jerks

Andy

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2015, 06:36:55 pm »

If that's your use, you don't need complete crates, just the 2 advertising sides.
Crates with broken bottoms can be separated and the parts can be shipped to you at a much more reasonable cost.

The trashy ones have mostly been discarded or used, so all that are left are the $20.00 ones. ( it would appear)
That giant load of the red carriers was sold off in 1993 and that's when all of the little wagons and treasure chests started popping up. The number was 10,000 crates I believe.

I want John to get what he needs, so we can see what he has on the drawing board.

VMC 7up 81
VMC Pepsi 33
Coke 81
Pepsi CV 78D
Vendo Milk Machine
Whistle Quikold
Whistle S&S
Cleo Cola Quikold
Stoner Gum Wheel
Looking for Picnic Coolers
Wanted- Superior Jr Orange Crush and Grapette
Starr X Openers
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2015, 06:46:47 pm »

Ive been buying a lot of crates over the last year or so, They do sell well when I put them out for sale, I probably have 30-40 different ones stacked in storage. They make a great display when you stack them up next to a few machines.

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2015, 10:12:31 pm »

I believe this is a painting.. think of doing this myself in brands I collect... would be awesome as a 4'X5' painting.

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2015, 04:59:40 pm »

this is true and I have done this on one so far.. but you would not believe the push back I get from people when I ask them to take it apart as I only need the sides.
People are very reluctant to help.... darn

joey, I'd be interested in a few if you would part with some.. lets chat!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2015, 11:20:24 pm »

Hey John,
For a bar top I would just get something like Eric posted printed on car wrap. Put it between two pieces of glass, depending on the wrap could light from below. Best if bar tops are smooth easily cleaned surfaces :-).
Creighton
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: