SMC Discussion Areas
June 26, 2024, 04:31:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ebay advice  (Read 4851 times)
ld26
Soda Jerks

« on: October 15, 2015, 08:06:59 am »

hey all, looking for some advice,

I have a machine on ebay currently.  I got a personal message from a potential buyer in the UK.  they wanted to know if I would consider having it shipped overseas.

I checked and they have 7 feedbacks all positive.  Im thinking of saying if would do it if they handle all aspects of shipping and pick it up as is.

Any thoughts?

thanks

I love quikold coolers
www.quikold.com
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 08:30:16 am »

Lonnie,

As long as they are paying you inside of eBay's framework and are willing to arrange the shipping, I think you would be OK. 

I guess you have to consider the item, if it is really rare/valuable then it may be worth the cost to them of shipping/importing.  If it is a 70's square-top, that would not pass the smell test in my book.

I would also look at what else they've bought just to see if they are buying other related items.   Not proof necessarily but can help ease your mind a bit.

Jim

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 10:27:44 am »

also if they are new to ebay and buying and selling .. do they realize the cost to ship overseas.. can be several hundred into the 1000's for larger items via air freight.
I just got a quote to send a V56 Round top to a guy and the quote was 1500.00 usd  for door to door, overseas air freight.. jawdrop

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 10:59:31 am »

Then they come after you for customs charges all in all really not worth it nowadays
georgescustompaint
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2015, 01:20:41 pm »

I have shipped lots of machines overseas... Honestly most of the time it's easy, but some countries require the coolant system to be drained of R12, and sometimes the crate can't be made out of wood... Countries vary but if the buyer is willing to put all the time and effort into the logistics, I say go for it... A sale is a sale.

mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2015, 02:17:55 pm »

Do it. I sell many machines overseas also. The buyer usually does this often as well and they usually set everything up for you.

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C
Seeburg 100R
Seeburg 100W
ld26
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2015, 07:59:10 pm »

Thanks guys, ill let you know how it goes...

I love quikold coolers
www.quikold.com
ajf5577
Soda Jerks

Andy

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2015, 08:20:30 pm »

You'll just need to crate it and find a freight forwarding company here. The recipient should pay for the freight and duty on their end. I only add to be careful with the paperwork, since if something goes wrong (damaged / didn't arrive) and the payment is through eBay/PayPal, They can take your funding back until you present your case ( and keep it even then)

VMC 7up 81
VMC Pepsi 33
Coke 81
Pepsi CV 78D
Vendo Milk Machine
Whistle Quikold
Whistle S&S
Cleo Cola Quikold
Stoner Gum Wheel
Looking for Picnic Coolers
Wanted- Superior Jr Orange Crush and Grapette
Starr X Openers
aristocrat
10 Cent Member

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2015, 01:44:51 am »

i would consider

how much are you selling item for [eg if on low side, just sell with least hassle possible to home market]

if item is much more expensively priced are you getting your asking price from home market or not.

if you are or very close to it then again just sell to your home market as probably less hassle.

i am in england UK and if im selling to another country it would always be a direct person to person

via bank transfer with no ebay or other third party eg paypal having control over payment reversal

saving any ebay/paypal fees may help to fund any additional hassle on your part of course
cohammer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2015, 05:11:46 am »

I would do it if they would do like the guy that bought a large stainless steel hood and other items from me . I said no shipping but he gave me the name of a shipping company in Atlanta not too far from me , he called them gave a credit card number and all was set when I dropped it off I was done .

Ideal 35 RC
v 23 deluxe
v 39
c 96
c 55 e
C 51 g
C 72
C96
V 27
Westinghouse JR ice chest
Westinghouse standard ice chest
Westinghouse master ice chest