SMC Discussion Areas
April 18, 2024, 05:16:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 3in1  (Read 5569 times)
hacksaw707

« on: August 30, 2015, 07:48:58 pm »

I recently installed the 3in1 unit on my compressor. My question is should this cycle evey so often to try to start a hard to start compressor? It will start the compressor when the system has had the power removed, but will not restart the compressor if I shut it off at the thermostat. You can here it click once and sometimes the compressor will catch, but when it fails to run it never clicks( or start cycles) shouldn't this continue to try to start every so often?
Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 10:51:03 pm »

A call to the vendor you bought the unit from is in order.
Creighton
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 09:45:23 am »

When shutting off with the thermostat, are you allowing a few minutes for the high and low pressures to equalize?

Glen
hacksaw707

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 11:21:21 am »

I don't know, how long does this take? I'll shut it off for 30sec or 20min and still the 3in1 only cycles one time. Is it supposed to try repeatedly at certain intervals, say 30 seconds or every 2minutes to restart the compressor. It seemed like when I first installed it it would cycle like every couple of minutes until the compressor would start?
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 04:27:56 pm »

3-in-1 hard starts/ boosters are designed to help start old " tight" compressors, but if your units compressor keeps causing it to try multiple times to kick start the compressor then you could check to see if the system may be restricted , overcharged, or mechanically sticking once warmed up, low voltage or light-gauge extension cords can also cause a hard-start situation.  Checked the systems charge if you're able.   Might be time for a new compressor or a swap out of the deck from a doner machine.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: