SMC Discussion Areas
April 23, 2024, 02:49:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: sizing replacement compressor for WE-6  (Read 3011 times)
hoovercat

« on: August 30, 2015, 10:31:14 am »

Hi Everyone,

I have a WE-6 (wet bath 6 case cooler).  It's in overall good shape, original insulation blankets still hanging underneath, etc. Basically, it looks like nobody messed with the wiring and stuff on it. Due to dry rot, I did replace all the wiring just to see if the system would run.  It does.  All the coolant lines appear to be intact but obviously there must be a leak somewhere b/c the evap coils don't get cold at all.  So, in the event I can't get a local person to evaluate and possibly recharge (if the system can hold pressure), what information do I need to consider if trying to find a replacement compressor? (does the capillary tubing need to be changed, does everything need to be replaced due to system being set up for R12, am I wasting my time?).  I'm pretty solid in all the other areas related to restoring this piece, but refrigeration is very new to me and I am open to anyone directing me to information or resources that will help me along.

Thanks, help
stevejavascript:void(0);

MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 11:43:59 am »

Welcome to the site Steve.
        This compressor has been for sale for a long  long time.
        Hopefully he can ship it to you?
        http://ventura.craigslist.org/app/5150124952.html

Glen
hoovercat

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 12:56:15 pm »

Thank you MoonDawg. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: