SMC Discussion Areas
March 29, 2024, 12:24:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: United Sound & Signal P-384 Pepsi Visi-Cool Wiring Diagram Tag  (Read 5786 times)
John Clarke

« on: August 08, 2015, 03:47:07 am »

Hi all,

Cleaning up this old United Sound & Signal P- 384 Pepsi Visi-Cool, I found this old wiring diagram tag in the compressor compartment. Does anyone recognize it as being a standard Kelvinator tag, or do you think that it's unique to the cooler? I figured that if it came from Kelvinator, you guys would recognize it.

Also, if anyone knows someone who's owned one of these machines, I'm still looking for the ballast and starter socket locations, as I've scoured the case, and can't find a set of screws or screw holes anywhere that would fit either the old style little magnetic ballast, or the starter socket.

Thank you,

John

United Sound & Signal P-384 Visi-Cool Pepsi Cooler
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 11:08:39 am »

it could have  the ballast located down by the compressor area on the "roof" of the compartment area. To keep the ballasts heat from cooking the marquees plastic.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
John Clarke

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2015, 05:43:48 pm »

it could have  the ballast located down by the compressor area on the "roof" of the compartment area. To keep the ballasts heat from cooking the marquees plastic.

Thanks for the suggestion, johnieG. There's nary a screw hole in the compressor compartment ceiling. That's the mounting location that makes the most sense to me, but no luck. I've been all over this thing a dozen times, as I'm vehemently opposed to drilling new holes in anything 60 years old. It looks like the only way to solve this mystery is to talk to someone with the same machine. I understand that they're rare, but I figure that someone on here knows someone who's owned one.

John

Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 07:28:44 pm »

Vendo, for one, placed the light ballast inside the cabinet door behind the liner on a few models so it could very well be hidden somewhere inside...
You will probably have to really trace wiring as best as you can until you locate wiring that disappears and cannot be accounted for terminating somewhere...

My six cents,

Jim

John Clarke

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2015, 07:43:26 pm »

Vendo, for one, placed the light ballast inside the cabinet door behind the liner on a few models so it could very well be hidden somewhere inside...
You will probably have to really trace wiring as best as you can until you locate wiring that disappears and cannot be accounted for terminating somewhere...

Thanks Jim. The wires go from the compressor compartment up through about a 1" square channel between the doors, up to the fluorescent tube location. I'm nearly certain the ballast and starter belong in the compressor compartment. It's the only thing that makes sense. I just can't find the screws to save my life.

tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2015, 08:39:22 pm »

What does the tube location look like, does it have a reflector?  On some of the Cavalier machines, the ballast was on the back side of the reflector, just a thought

John Clarke

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2015, 09:01:55 pm »

What does the tube location look like, does it have a reflector?  On some of the Cavalier machines, the ballast was on the back side of the reflector, just a thought

Thanks tkaz. On the frontside of the tube is the marquis. On the back side is a bent (90 degrees) piece of clear plastic, to direct the light back and down into the case.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: