SMC Discussion Areas
April 26, 2024, 02:24:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seatttle area repair cooling system for Ideal 55  (Read 4529 times)
maxnew40

« on: June 29, 2015, 11:41:03 am »

I have an Ideal 55 that isn't cooling. It appears from the recommended test (rag in condenser fan) that the compressor does run (I hear one click and the compressor vibrates and makes some noise).

Does anyone know a person or company that will work on these old systems in the Seattle or north area?

Thanks

-Max
Fire708
25 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 10:17:12 am »

I've been looking for a while now and I haven't found anybody that will work on older refrigeration systems. I've doen a few searches in Tacoma and Olympia, haven't started looking in the Seattle area yet.
When I get to my Westinghouse I'm probably going to end up shipping the system to one of the professionals on this board. I know that's not a good option for a slider but it's starting to look like the only choice.
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 08:59:05 pm »

Long shot. I talked to a guy stocking a machine in Spokane. Asked him about cooling deck repairs. He said "yea, Ed will do them on the side". He said just call the service number on the machine. You could get the number off some local machines and call. Hope that helps.
Creighton

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: