SMC Discussion Areas
April 19, 2024, 04:22:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Superior Junior Variations  (Read 6984 times)
ajf5577
Soda Jerks

Andy

« on: November 07, 2015, 07:39:39 pm »

Lonny brought up an interesting point the other day so I thought that I would look. I do have a Nugrape Superior Junior with the raised lines on the sides. This one does have the insulation insert in the lid. I compared that to a Coca Cola Superior that I have. There is also a difference in handles. My Coke has a wide plastic handle with the chrome strip in the center, where this particular Nugrape has a narrower handle. I checked another Coke Superior that I have, and it has the narrower handle. This means that, setting aside color variations, an advanced collector would need to have both handle varieties in each soda in order to claim victory, Yikes!

Btw I am still looking for OC, Dr Pepper and Dads Superior Jrs to upgrade my collection.

VMC 7up 81
VMC Pepsi 33
Coke 81
Pepsi CV 78D
Vendo Milk Machine
Whistle Quikold
Whistle S&S
Cleo Cola Quikold
Stoner Gum Wheel
Looking for Picnic Coolers
Wanted- Superior Jr Orange Crush and Grapette
Starr X Openers
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 03:56:38 am »

I believe Ray (Mygoose) has the Dr. Pepper and Dad's you are looking for.

Glen
ld26
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 05:52:58 pm »

would take a while to collect all the variations, ha, to add to the confusion I took a look at one of each of my versions (with and without the lines) and the handles were the same on both, weird, think they just used whatever was lying around sometimes

I love quikold coolers
www.quikold.com
Bigfoot
10 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 08:58:29 am »

Your Coke decal cooler is in a class by itself.
They come with that wide Bakelite handle.

ALL the rest,...which for the sake of this note we will call the majority of the other Superior Juniors which are almost all embossed come with the other slimmer and more architectural and "Deco" in design Bakelite handle.
Which comes in 2 colors,...red and the slightly less common orange which might just be a change in the dye they used. What I mean is they might have been trying for red or had an order for red but they are orange.

Hope this helps.
ld26
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 04:31:35 pm »

here is another version to complicate matters even further, check out the embossed lines above and below the logo, on this cooler they wrap around the sides, on the nugrape cooler they don't extend that far, I think we can forget about finding all coolers in all these variations and just be happy to find the different brands any way we can get them, ha

I love quikold coolers
www.quikold.com
Bigfoot
10 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2016, 07:55:41 pm »

^^
I have a few like that. Gonna say in the last year I have seen that wrap around type on a Coke like yours and also a Pepsi. Both were on EBay.
ld26
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2016, 08:29:43 pm »

interesting, that one isn't mine, I pulled the pic from an ebay ad

I love quikold coolers
www.quikold.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: